Official Community Forums Home

Exercise

• Members

OK this really is not a sex question but I don't know where else to ask for help. I am 5'4 118lbs, i exercise regularly in addition to having a lot of sex. I have great arm muscles, my ass is firm and everyone tells me I have gorgeous legs. I am physically fit and medically I am not even close to being over weight. BUT, i really want flat abs, i don't like the look of a 6-pack on a girl, I don't think its attractive, but i have this little pouch and i just want it gone. I don't have kids so its not from that. I do crunches, and run a lot, tired jumping jacks. When my SO and i first got together I was on top a lot i was heavier then and in the first month we were together I lost about 15lbs. It was great for my self esteem but now summer is coming, I have been comfortable in a bikini for the last few years (4 years ago I was 145 and a size 12, not i am i size 4) but I really want the flat belly that i have been trying to achieve for the last 3 summers. does anyone have any tips on how to attain this, other that running and crunches?

• Members

Try crunches on a big, medicine ball. This helps to target the middle of your abdominal muscle. Or, you can take a regular, weighted medicine ball and get in a 'V' position on the floor, take the ball to your left, then right, hitting it on the floor next to your sides each time - all the while holding your feet up, crossed. One last one, if you have a gym that has those sit up benches, do them inverted (upside down) while holding weights.

IF that don't do it, then I can't help ya!

• Members

Alright, I'm no Jack LaLanne here, and basically regurgitating (yuk) what I've read before, but the idea is if you're belly pouch is made of fat, all the sit ups and crunches in the world, although great for your stummy muskels, won't get rid of it. You have to burn it off just like fat anywhere else on your body.

If it is a little leftover extra skin from when you were a few pounds heavier, it may not be get-rid-of-able, or may take time to shrink and tighten.

If you got pregnant, that would tighten it up :)

• Members

Yeah it's not just a matter of crunches, but cardio too. Crunches will tone the muscles under and reshape your tummy, but cardio will actually burn the pooch off. What I enjoy are dance work outs, I love the Camen Electra series, but really just the first three are worth anything. Although the hip-hop routine is hard as well. Also little things that you can do without having to break a sweat: make it a point to tuck in your tummy all day, trust me it sounds easy but it's not. Also replace your desk chair with an excerise ball, it forces you to maintain good posture which is good for all your core muscles, and the balenceing on it is amazing for you as well.