Official Community Forums Home

Rephresh....any Opinions On This?

• Members

I saw an ad on TV about it and wondered if it was worth the money. I know I'm clean and I wash up after all sexual interludes, but sometimes I just feel like I can smell the "sex smell" and ok, I hate it. Opinions?? I've had 2 ob/gyns tell me that its "natural". Another reason I'm looking into it, is the temps have jumped up to 100+ degrees now and I tend to get yeast infections during the heat. It says it will help with that too.

Clinically proven to maintain healthy vaginal pH!

To maintain a healthy vaginal pH

When used once every 3 days, RepHresh Vaginal Gel helps maintain a healthy vaginal pH. A single application of RepHresh Vaginal Gel can maintain vaginal pH in the normal range for 72 hours or more. Studies show that vaginal infections often occur when vaginal pH is unbalanced, or outside of the normal range. By maintaining a healthy vaginal pH, you can help reduce your risk of vaginal infections.

To Eliminate Vaginal Odor

When vaginal pH is unbalanced, odor-causing microorganisms can flourish. For long-lasting freshness, use once every 3 days. May be used as a personal lubricant when vaginal dryness causes discomfort. Also eases insertion of tampons. RepHresh is also safe to use during pregnancy.

• Members

I am not sure as to whether that works or not, but I have to agree with you on the whole SEX smell I hate that smell. I normally not only take a shower afterwards but I know douching helps that smell. I am a very clean person and I hate that smell.

I have seen the commerial for what you are talking about have you asked your ob/gyn his or her opion on it ? Just curious but heck my opion is I would try it and see how it works or not and then I think i would problem post my results here to let other women know. I do know that(although I have never had a yeast infection, must be luck i guess or what i eat)that when it heats up women are more prone to them but I drink alot of juice and believe it or not alot of yogurt and I have never had one. So maybe for that aspect try eating yogurt or something like that during the summer and more juices.

But if you do try the new product let me know I am very interested in the results of it.

I am sure this doesnt help much sry. Keep me posted though curiosity is kills the cat but satisfaction brings him back :P

• Members

I called and asked my gyne about this product (I have that kind of relationship with her) and she said that this product is OK to use, but not necessary. The "smell" that we experience after sex is due to a combination of the man's sperm (or latex if you use condoms) and the hormones that both partner's excrete during sexual excitement. This smell naturally dissipates with time.

As for the cleanliness issue, she assures me that a product like this is OK to use, and safe, HOWEVER, you can use a baby wipe (no shit huh) or just some plain soap and water to remove the bacteria present after sex. Just keep in mind not to get soap up in you. She also suggested Vagisil wipes for the cleanliness issue, as opposed to these.

I do not know how much these cost, but she indicated that they definitely were not necessary - but would not be harmful to use. As far as quoting her - this is off the record - we all remember Oprah and the Beef trials, right??????

Mikayla ;)