Official Community Forums Home

Sex Toy Understanding For Beginners

• Members

Can anyone tell me what toys are good for a beginning, married couple and why?

My wife and I are considering our first toy purchase but are looking for seasoned (or new) users' experiences.

We do know we do not want anything anal or that looks like genitalia.

We have considered vibrating cock rings, vibrators, male masturbators, and light bondage for restraining, only.

We are also considering DVDs as either instructional or hard core; but only want straight couples, no anal, oral and penetration shots are okay, cumshots preferred but my wife want no facials (not a deal breaker if only one or two).

Can anyone help and provide pros and cons?

• Members

If I were new to the game, I'd start with a bullet, pocket rocket, small to medium size silicone dildo and move up to glass. Many of the silicone items don't look like a penis. Silicone is a great product, firm, soft, easy to clean. Has a nice feel and has many shapes and sizes to choose from. Remember only water based lube with it. Small vibrators are a great start to get used to the toys. They give good vibration for orgasm. They can be used on both partners. For light bondage I would recommend Velcro cuffs as they are easy to use and get out of if the need arises. I can not help much with videos, I'm more of a fan of erotic and word play so I don't watch much. Enjoy your exploration.

• Members

Hi!

I've been reviewing for TT for years. As of late I've been way to busy, but will be resuming reviewing now. All the toys I'm suggesting I have reviewed. They are only a suggestion. Take a look with your SO and decide together.

You ask why are toys good for a married couple, easy. For me I've been married for a while, it just gives our love life a bit of zing and keeps things a bit more interesting.

I would suggest you start with a clitoral stimulator which will give her a great orgasm. It could also be use on your perineum which would give you wonderful stimulation. You can purchase one with a double head or one for a single person use. Take a look and I would strongly suggest one with various settings so you can experiment with the strength of the vibes.

Also I would like to suggest a vibrating cockring. The one my DH and I like the best is the Lelo "BO". I don't see it on the site but I do believe they would probably be able to get it for you.

As far a movies go I'm not sure you can rule out everything you want. Your best bet it to pick a movie that has short vignettes to pick and choose what you do and don't want to watch.

For a vibrator I love the Lelo Ina! Highly suggest it.

I hope this has help you, and if you have any more questions please feel free to ask. We always like to know what you decided on for your purchase and how that worked for you.

• Members

Can anyone tell me what toys are good for a beginning, married couple and why?

My wife and I are considering our first toy purchase but are looking for seasoned (or new) users' experiences.

We do know we do not want anything anal or that looks like genitalia.

We have considered vibrating cock rings, vibrators, male masturbators, and light bondage for restraining, only.

We are also considering DVDs as either instructional or hard core; but only want straight couples, no anal, oral and penetration shots are okay, cumshots preferred but my wife want no facials (not a deal breaker if only one or two).

Can anyone help and provide pros and cons?

. Yea, get a pump, some firm rubber cock rings and as far as light bondage get a flogger, she will love it :))) and they make all kind of Velcro hand and leg cuffs. And the DVDs you will just have to read the previews , most of them say what they are about. HAPPY HUNTING :))))

• Members

Hello and welcome to the world of toys! As you can see, there are MANY to choose from.

Every women needs a bullet. The great thing about a bullet is that it can be used solo or during intercourse. Our #1 selling bullet is the My First Bullet. It has two different speeds of vibration and is very affordable at $9.99. This bullet is made of plastic so it is hard.

http://www.tootimid.com/my-first-bullet.html

We have a great Sex Ed article on how to use bullets. http://www.tootimid.com/20-Ways-To-Use-A-Vibrating-Bullet.html

Another great beginner toy for a woman is the Butterfly Kiss. It provides vaginal AND clitoral stimulation. It is smaller so it is not intimidating for beginners. It has three speeds of vibration. This toy is a jelly/rubber material so it is softer than a typical hard plastic toy. The insertable shaft is flexible so it will bend to her body's contours. This product has a video of it so you can get a better idea of its material, flexibility, etc.
http://www.tootimid.com/butterfly-kiss.html

Cockrings are a great way to spice things up during intercourse! Vibrating cockrings will stimulate both of you during intercourse. The Wave Rider is one of our most popular vibrating cockrings. It is also a jelly/rubber material and is stretchy so it will fit most sizes. It also has a video.

http://www.tootimid.com/wave-rider.html

Finding a masturbator that does not resemble genitalia limits how many are available, but The Grip-N-Stroke is great for beginners. It is a jelly/rubber material and therefore is very stretchy and flexible. It has a ribbed chamber that provides extra stimulation for the penis. This masturbator also has a thumb grip for easy control.

http://www.tootimid.com/Grip-N-Stroke-Masturbator_p_2731.html

And of course, for anyone just beginning to experiment with toys, we recommend using a lubricant. They are great for use with toys and during intercourse. Our best-selling lubricant is Astroglide.

http://www.tootimid.com/astroglide.html

Let me know if you have any questions!

• Members

I'd suggest looking at the retail site. Read the reviews, many of the product have them. Select something you find interesting and experiment.

• Members

I would recommend one the is called Mood.

http://www.tootimid.com/7-function-mood-powerful.html

My husband and I are also new to this and this is one we really like. By new I mean like 3 weeks. Also always check the free items that are offered because some of them are also great for beginners like us.

• Members

I recommend everything lol!!! You cant ever have enough sex toys !!!!!!