Official Community Forums Home

New News To Me.

Beavis

• Members

DDUUUUDDDEEEE - ALWAYS use a CONDOM! PERIOD.

YES, YES, YES...your pre-cum can get her pregnant - ABSOLULTELY!!!!!

Never again - do you understand - repeat after me:

"I will never have unprotected sex again (unless I am ready to be a father)"

OK! ;)

Guest eminatic

i have to wonder how much she was loving it if she wasnt wet enough in the first place? and the precum thing has been blown way out of proportion as a scare tactic. yes, its technically possible but very rare...much more rare than it's portrayed to be. usually the only sperm left in the urethra are deformed/dead/dying and for sperm to be in precum the guy would have had to have ejaculated VERY recently and not urinated afterwards. Article, if you're interested

i don't think having the morning after pill on hand says anything about virginity...i was on birth control and carried condoms YEARS before i had sex, or even held hands with a guy for that matter =/

jesus mother effing christ i was NOT suggesting that having sex without condoms was a good idea, nor did i say ANYWHERE that it is NOT POSSIBLE for pregnancy from precum to occur. i was merely suggesting that the OP probably need not lose any sleep over THIS. SINGLE. ISOLATED. INCIDENT. FFS

• Members

withdrawel as a form of BC maybe ok for a couple in a longer term relationship who have discussed the possible risk of pregnancy - otherwise it's playing with fire.

I have a couple of issues with the article - it quotes a 2% failure rate for condoms - that failure rate is if and only if condoms are used each and every time. Statistically, for couples who state that condoms their choice for BC, the failure rate is 10-15% (20% in some studies), because they forget to use condoms.

Also, it states that the failure rate with withdrawal is 4% - that's double the quoted failure rate for condoms. And although there is no studies that I'm aware of, based on 15 yrs of experience as an OB/Gyn, I'm sure the failure rate is higher then 4% - simple because the plan maybe to withdraw, but it doesn't happen.

Guest eminatic
withdrawel as a form of BC maybe ok for a couple in a longer term relationship who have discussed the possible risk of pregnancy - otherwise it's playing with fire.

I have a couple of issues with the article - it quotes a 2% failure rate for condoms - that failure rate is if and only if condoms are used each and every time. Statistically, for couples who state that condoms their choice for BC, the failure rate is 10-15% (20% in some studies), because they forget to use condoms.

Also, it states that the failure rate with withdrawal is 4% - that's double the quoted failure rate for condoms. And although there is no studies that I'm aware of, based on 15 yrs of experience as an OB/Gyn, I'm sure the failure rate is higher then 4% - simple because the plan maybe to withdraw, but it doesn't happen.

well yeah, im not saying withdrawl is a good method, just that precum ALONE isnt as likely to cause pregnancy as its been made out to be like in a situation posted by the OP. i didn't mean to imply that withdrawl was safe by any means, just that the OP probably doesnt need to worry about pregnancy in this one instance.

• Members

I defer to Leslieanne as an OBGYN, the fact is, you CAN get pregnant from pre-cum. If you don't want to be a father / mother, use BC and BACK-UPS!

It is just not wise to go bareback in any sexual situation with new partners.

ALso, Em, it is never good to suggest to any impressionable posters (or the hundreds that read the posts and don't actually log in) that having sex without condoms is a good idea because of STD and pregnancy risk.

WOmen HAVE gotten pregnant just from having the penis rubbed in on the vaginal lips and pre-cum is the only offender - so, let's not suggest anyone play with fire here.