Official Community Forums Home

Color Therapy For Better Sex

ladylove

• Members

Color Therapy for Better Sex

Put a little color to work for your sex life! The power of color goes beyond ambience — it can change a mood or inspire the vixen within.

The official name for this ancient therapeutic art is chromotherapy. The theory holds that light traveling through our eyes has a biochemical effect on body and mind. Like other sensory inputs, it is processed by the nervous system.

Red is the cardinal color of sex. It stimulates the body and is said to fuel good circulation and the release of toxins. Red excites you for passion and eroticism, and may also heighten the senses. It's an all-around sexy color! So try a red light bulb in your bedroom lamp or a littering of red candles when you want to set the mood for a hot date. It works for you and him.

Pink is the color of love. It's soothing and erotic at the same time. Pink may be good for maintaining satisfaction in a long-term relationship. (And now you know it's a good sign when he brings you pink flowers!)

Blue is a calming color that evokes the sky and sea. It's good for relieving tension and getting relaxed — which is as important as passion for a satisfying sex life. A blue ambience can help mend a broken heart, too, but it may literally cause the blues if left without a little contrast. Balance it with some pink or red hues.

Remember, you can put the colors of the rainbow to work with lights, accessories, blankets, clothing, or almost anything. Or you can simply visualize a color while lying with your eyes closed. Whatever you choose, infuse your love life with a little color this weekend.

• Members

I've always loved the psychology of color. I find it fascinating how something so basic can do so much. If you walk into most homes here you'll see beige, creams and tans. If using these basic colors is what appeals to you, have no fear, the undertones of the simple/safe colors will also set the mood; and as Dr. Berman points out a well placed object in the color of choice does much to enhance the mood and environment.

Mostly have fun with color see what happens!

• Members

Hmmmm, this is interesting. I am constantly changing the colors in my home, I wonder what that says about my sex life?

• Members
Hmmmm, this is interesting. I am constantly changing the colors in my home, I wonder what that says about my sex life?

So am I! I tend to have neutral furniture, because I get bored very easily and change my wall color every 2 years or so. It's much cheaper to buy a can of paint, and some new pillows and curtains then it is to buy new furniture.

• Members
So am I! I tend to have neutral furniture, because I get bored very easily and change my wall color every 2 years or so. It's much cheaper to buy a can of paint, and some new pillows and curtains then it is to buy new furniture.

What colors do you have in your homes?

I have Different beiges with undertones of gold, greens, reds, depending on the room, and one room a rich warm maroon; other colors but that's the majority.