Official Community Forums Home

I'm Moving! Yay!

bazil323

• Members

So we're finally getting out of this old trailer we have been renting from hubby's parents. They kept saying how great of shape it was in, and yeah, at first it seemed okay. But that was because the guy and wife were using it as a cabin, so there wasn't the wear and tear of everyday living. Then in-laws used it for like 6 months to a year while building their current house. So, yeah, decent shape for a 25+ year old trailer house. But when we were living in it constantly for 3 years, it got to show it's real age and was contantly getting something else to fix. Plus, moving it twice didn't help.

So it's been leaking from the roof, and God knows how much mold is in the place. It is sooooo dusty too! I dust and within hours there is a faint covering of dust. I don't know how it gets so dusty. So, it's been a big problem for my already bad allergies and asthma, and I think it's been exacerbating my skin condition too (ichthyosis). In addition to that, hubby who has never been sick with allergies and rarely even got colds or anything has had chronic sinus symptoms for over the last year and has had problems with what we believe to be allergies (can't get him to consistently take Claritin or Zyrtec, oh, no!).

So when the in-laws announced that they were putting their house up for sale again (second time in 2 years) and again we would have to be kicked out so they could live in the trailer, I decided to start looking for a new place, whether renting or buying. After about 10 months of looking, hubby finally conceeded that we had to get out of there not matter what his parents did. I found a little place on the lake for half the rent we were paying. It's really cute and in great shape (built in 1948), and the landlord is allowing us to install laundry hookups and will reimburse us for that. It's perfect! We have been slowly going through things and moving bits at a time, and hopefully, next week hubby can get some help to move the big stuff so we can truly move in and get out of that health-hazard trailer. :D