Official Community Forums Home

Just Age Related Issues

• Members

Ok, we've been experiencing 2 issues in the bedroom lately, and I thought I'd throw it out there to see if anyone has any experience or insight:

We're both 40, have been married for over 15 years, great marriage.

As with most people, our sex lives have waxed and waned over the years. Right now I'm in a very high libido mode; I'd love to have sex every day or two.

My husband's sex drive seems to be a lot lower than that, and lower than it was a couple of years ago. He's interested in sex once, maybe twice in a week. We have lots of affection when we're not having sex, so this is probably something I just need to accept.

The other issue, though, is that lately he is not getting to the finish line fairly often when we do have sex. No ejaculation, no climax. We go at it for a long time, but he just doesn't get there. This used to never happen, but now I'd say it happens every 5th or 6th time we have sex. And when he does cum, that takes a lot longer than it used to also.

I don't think this is a sign of health problems, is it? That's my first concern, but I also just want him to get all the pleasure he deserves.

So I'm just wondering if you would be concerned about his health; do you think it's just normal for his age (both the lower libido and the delayed/missing ejaculation), and do you think there's anything I can do to help. We've discussed the sex drive issue a lot, but not the ejaculation; I've been reluctant to bring it up because I don't want him to feel like I think there's something wrong with him, but I am going to talk to him about it.

• Members

If your husband hasn't been in for a general check up and physical in the last 2 years I'd recommend that he do so. Is it possible that it's due to his age - yes, however it's just as likely that it maybe a health related issue. The most common age for health issues to start surfacing are when we (men and women) are in our 40's. Things such as high blood pressure, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, depression to name a few can impact both a persons libido as well as their function and stamina. The things I've listed typically don't have any "dramatic" symptoms so any change in his sexual function should be checked out. In addition any of them are left untreated it can lead to significant long term health problems.

Men are notorious for not wanting to go see the doctor - "I feel fine, so there's nothing wrong with me" is a common response. However if you care for him you'll pester him until he goes. What he is experiencing may not be related to his health, but if it is, it is in his best interest to get it diagnosed and treated.

• Members

It could be age related or maybe a physical problem, but I suspect it's something else. After 15 years of marriage (some) men get complacent. They get lacks in the sex game .......er uninterested in what's at home if you will. It shows up this way, better talk it out if it's not a physical problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!