Official Community Forums Home

Tomorrow

ilovebabyjada

• Members

well.. tomorrow is my birthday. i'm going to be the ripe old age of 20 (lol)

I am just kind of down, because i have been out of work for about 3 weeks (do to an injury) and we are VERY tight on money. last week, my daughter (who is 4 almost 5) told my hubby that she wanted to get me something for mothers day and he told her we can't because we don't have money..

it's hard to sit back and watch my child be heartbroken because she can't buy me the pretty ring she picked out for me (at a pawn shop). she completely understands what it means to be broke & that alone just kills me.. a small child like that shouldn't know. she should be happy and loving her life.

idk.. i may sound like a poor sap, but it just kind of sucks..

hopefully i will be back to work soon. and my birthday will be good as long as i have my family.

just needed to rant a little bit. & have a "poor me" state of mind.

thanks everyone here at TT for all that you do! love you guys!!

• Members

Well first of all, Happy Birthday to you!

As for your daughter, I hope your husband helped her honor you in some way on Mother's Day (and for your birthday too). You're right, it is important for kids to be able to honor their parents and that doesn't have to cost money.

Maybe I'm just an old sap, but with my step-kids, even when we had money, I would say, "Don't go spending your hard earned money on cards for me. I'd much rather have a home made one." Lucky for me they listened and made the cards. Today I have some of the sweetest handmade cards with loving heartfelt greetings. I wouldn't trade for anything in the world!

Gifts are the same way.

Maybe he can help her make a little coupon book of chores or treats you can cash in?

Make you breakfast in bed............ or maybe that she make her own breakfast and get ready for school so you can sleep in :) Dust the entire house, vacuum, clean the bathroom sink & tub, etc.

He could have helped her make a bouquet of wildflowers or ?

We live in a country of abundance, even if we're not feeling like we have a slice of it right now. Look around and see all the beautiful gifts to be enjoyed. It's the attitude & love which a gift is given that makes it precious or worthless. If you can pass that little nugget along to your children they will be wealthy beyond measure for their entire lives.

Life is good, ya know? Really it is.

Have a fabulous birthday!

• Members

I also found that the small homemade things from my kids have meant the most to me.

I'm sorry you are struggling. I do, however, hope that you have a GREAT birthday!

• Members

I agree with Toy. My kids are older and the things I cherish the most are the ones made by their little hands, form their hearts......not the store bought things. Also what might be nice is if you ask your daughter if she wants to make a cake for your birthday, make it together and let her decorate it. She'll think she's a star!

bty: Happy Birthday!

• Members

thanks everyone. those things sound great. i love homemade things much more. I woke up this morning to her singing "happy birthday to my mommmy!" it was sweet.

my husband doesn't do a lot with my daughter (he's her step-dad).. and to sit down and to a project with her just doesn't sound fun to him i guess... it hurts me to see that too. he's a very lazy guy. which kind of really sucks, but i still love him.

and he works at 6AM, so i don't want breakfast at 5! LOL.

once again, thanks everyone, so far today has been a good day (altho i've only been awake for 30 minutes) LOL

• Members

Awww hope you have a fantastic Birthday!! Ahhh to be young and on a sex forum... if only I had that opportunity!! ;)