Official Community Forums Home

I Heard The Dumbest Comment On The Radio Today!

I was listening to some radio on the way into work this morning, and one lady (yes, a WOMAN) said that "People are too scared of marriage. It doesn't take a lot of thought really, just do it." Seriously? Just go ahead & get married, with no thought at all! What are YOUR thoughts?

• Members

I was listening to some radio on the way into work this morning, and one lady (yes, a WOMAN) said that "People are too scared of marriage. It doesn't take a lot of thought really, just do it." Seriously? Just go ahead & get married, with no thought at all! What are YOUR thoughts?

i think my brother and his wife got married with no thought, and i hope they get a divorce, even tho that is very wrong

but i think there should be a lot of thought into getting married!! seriously. it's meant to be fore life!!

• Members

DEFINITELY need to take a lot of time and thought!! You may think you know and love someone but you need to really make sure before you jump! It sucks when you find out later on that things are not what they seemed!!!

• Members

I kinda think that no one is really ready for marriage, marriage makes you ready for marriage. It took me quite a while to realize that while I made a commitment to my wife, and also (as a believer) to God, the most important commitment I made was to my self and my own personal integrity.

• Members

My mother-in-law has the same advice. Just get married, there is always divorce if it doesn't work out -- Easy in, easy out. I don't know how you can have a happy love life if that is a person's opinion. It took a year to get married for my hubby and I. We have the same ideas for the future, but there has to be thought and time put into the relationship first. Marriage should be a life-long commitment, not just done on a whim.

DEFINITELY need to take a lot of time and thought!! You may think you know and love someone but you need to really make sure before you jump! It sucks when you find out later on that things are not what they seemed!!!

Yes, yes it does!!