Official Community Forums Home

Third Wheel

• Members

hey guys! Long time no post, but I'm kinda in an interesting situtation and I could really use some input! Okay so my friend and roommate T had just started seeing this guy, okay so like a month or two. And since they started seeing each other, I never see her. If i want to hang out with her for more than a few minutes or while running errands I have to hang out with him, which means I have to be the third wheel. I work with the boyfriend and kinda helped push them together.

Well Sunday my family was visiting (including my super amazing older sister who I hadn't seen in almost two years!), T calls me back to her room so her boyfriend can take my shift. They put me on teh spot in front of my family. So I said yes. He told me he was tired and just needed to sleep. fine. Whatever. I find out later that they lied and they planned on going to an amusement park. Imagine how pissed I was! I got my ass kicked at work (gourmet burger joint on Father's Day! DOH!) and then have to hear them whining about how tired they are from the park. Wah.

Monday T and I go to lunch so we can talk, I tell her flat out "I'm tired of being the third wheel." "When was the last time we hung out just us two girls?" "It's always either you, vic and I or you, your phone, vic and I" "It's not fair." She told me she understood and she's sorry she's been pushing me away like this but that she's so happy and I should just be happy for her and then she invited him to join us! When he finally met up with us at Wal-Mart, I just walked away and wandered the store on my own.

So I'm confused. i have no idea how to make her understand what I'm going through, or to get her to realize that yes, I want her to be happy but I do miss our friendship. Any thoughts?

• Members

Ddduuuuude.....so uncool.

This reminds me of those girls back in High School who dumped their friends the moment they got into a relationship, then counted on all of them when they broke up. No No No. Being a good friend means being a friend, and sometimes it has to JUST BE GIRLS! I personally *hate* when people do this, it annoys me to no end.

What do you do? Well, tell her exactly how it makes you feel and how you miss her as a friend. How you are so very happy that she is happy with her BF, but you need her too. If she can't get on board with it, then you have to sort of move on. See some of yoru other friends. Go out with them, don't invite her. She is pretty much abusing yoru friendship at this point, as well as using you to cover his shift so they can hang. That is just wrong man, just wrong.

• Members

Mik, that's kinda what I was afraid of. I'm going home with the fam, first time we're all gonna be together (parents included) since I was 10! I'm also turning off my phone, I'm taking time off from her. LOL I tried being blunt and honest with her, but well, that didn't seem to help.

• Members

Lil Sis I don't blame you in the least. As I told you the other day that is bull that she is doing this. To pull the shift stunt that is bullshit and especially when you had people there. You have tried being blunt with her and she still doesn't get it. I would just stop hanging out with her for a while and when she starts to ask why and says how she misses having you around. Tell her now she knows how you feel. Then who knows maybe she might wake up and make some changes, but who knows. Good luck with it.