Official Community Forums Home

Sexual Healing

hyokahey

• Members

Is Marvin Gaye's Premise Correct? Is there really such a thing as 'sexual healing'? What does this mean to you? What is your experience of 'sexual healing'? Is sexual healing a legitimate use of sexuality or just a manipulation?

• Members

It absolutely exists! A passionate rendezvous with a long lost ex years ago, "healing" was the only word we both could use to describe it. Those few hours in bed erased years of fear, regret, and sadness over how things never worked out before. We were both smart enough not to try and rearrange our lives for another try at being a couple - but it was one of the best experiences of my life and one I could never duplicate. Sometimes I feel like I'm the universe's chewtoy - having found someone who I'm so sexually in-sync with but so terribly incompatible with in every other way. C'est la vie. :kiss:

• Members

Sex can and is most certainly misused for manipulation. Buyer beware! :o

BUT

I also think there is truth to "sexual healing" concept. One example, very simplistic: think about the time you and your partner have had a disagreement, fight, etc.... you end up having sex before a resolution is made and the world seems a little less tilted. That doesn't mean everything is fixed, but it does sometimes 'heal' some of the ill feeling or anger so you can come to an agreement. A very simplistic view and example, but one I think everyone can relate to.

• Members

I read this yesterday and thought on it...

For me, sex is an escape, a wonderful escape to pleasure. In that sense, it can be considered healing, from the troubles of daily life where you come together to celebrate each other and nothing else... to me, I think. :)

• Members

I've never heard of 'sexual healing' being put that way before. I'm not sure if I believe that sex can be healing, but I haven't had an experience that has felt healing as of yet. I do think that sex can be used to manipulate, although I haven't had that experience myself neither. I'll leave experience to show me how I feel about both. :)