Official Community Forums Home

Valentines Day!

ladylove

I don't know if it's because of the current sexual "deadness" in my relationship, but, I have never really looked fully forward to Valentine's Day. The first few years, when  I was first dating, sure, it's fun. But, if you use only one day out of the year to make me feel special, forget it.  I love chocolate, don't get me wrong, but, I've never been fully  WOWed on Valentine's Day......And I always felt like my person at the time, felt it was an obligation, not that they were truly excited to treat me special......the majority of the men I've ever been with, made it sound like I should be grateful  and have sex with them that day, because they gave me something.......not romance me one bit. 

I may have a too cynical or realistic view of the world that way.

I rarely get surprised or get a WOW factor during my birthdays, Christmas, or Valentine's Days. Not that my person at the time didn't try, they do.....but, I've always felt it was forced by convention, not because they truly just wanted to do it. 

Now, on my side, I think it's because I get sooooo excited to do something for my person, that I truly enjoy giving gifts, making a special meal, whatever......I make the event special, and shower with sincere words, and so on.....I'm not trying to sound hypocritical here, just, I don't get the same enthusiasm that I put out I guess.

I love my GF, but I feel taken for granted....so, right now, I'm eh, when it comes to Valentine's Day. 

Now, I'm not talking about the stuff that my daughter has given me.....but, gifts from your child, especially when they're little, and how excited they get, that makes me feel soooooo special. But, that's a mother's love. That's totally different.

• 4 weeks later...