Official Community Forums Home

Looking For Information

silentdestiny

My boyfriend informed me the other day that he was interested in entering a BDSM relationship with another woman. Normally I am ok with these things, however having not been in the discussion prior to being informed I have been rather upset. I have done some research on BDSM and have asked him if we could try things out first before he jumps into this with his new interest. Neither of us have ever had a huge role in BDSM, and I am not sure how to start the discussion other than telling him I would like to have one. I would be the sub and he would be the dom. Any additional help or links to decent resources would be greatly appreciated. I just want to make sure this is something that we are not going to be able to do together before bringing and additional person into the relationship. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

• Members

This may sound naive of me, but why can't you just say, "Hey honey, can we explore this together before someone else comes into the picture? I am interested in learning more."

This may sound naive of me, but why can't you just say, "Hey honey, can we explore this together before someone else comes into the picture? I am interested in learning more."

This is good advice. If a 3-some is not welcomed all around the relationship, whether it's with BDSM or not, if not ALL people involved are for it, then it shouldn't take place. If he's trying to do this without talking to you about it first, sad to say, it doesn't sound like he respects you much, and therefore, is looking for an "excuse" to have sex with someone else. Those sorts of things require TRUST & open communication. Without these, the experience won't have a good aftermath, and the relationship is doomed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Review Team

Sorry, I have not been on here much the past few weeks, so I missed this post. If you still have questions about a BDSM relationship, let me know and I will try to answer or point you in the direction of answers as this is something I have a little experience in.