Official Community Forums Home

Omg! Gimme A Break!

Tyger

I have about 5 days left before I have to go back to work. I've been able to catch up on some of my favorite tv shows (No, not soap operas), and some of the commercials I see aimed at a greedy, sue-ready public are ridiculous! The one that set me off? "If you're in a car wreck like this, THIS is what you could get! $25,000!!!" Yes, please encourage people to get into car accidents so they can get money, upping everyone's insurance premieums. I LIKE that!!!!!!

• Members

I agree the commercials are something else between suing for car accidents or slip n falls. People are so all about the mighty dollar no matter at what cost to others. I can see that yes there are legitimate reasons at times but these ambulance chasing attorneys agravate me.

The Government wonders why they pay out so much in disability income, thanks Tyger

you know why a Lawyer has never been attacked by a shark............Professional courtesy......lol.

• Members

There have been reports over the past year or so of lawyers getting out of law school and unable to find jobs. So what did they do? Sued the law schools for not telling them up front that the job market for lawyers sucked. Classic.

I guess it was my upbringing. I think people should sue if they DESERVE it, truly. Not for an easy way out, but for honest to goodness irresponsibility, carelessness, or faulty products. Hell, there was a court case a few months ago, here in the county where I live, that someone was sueing someone else for giving them the finger!! Yes, really. How assinine can it get? How much money, time, and resources can be wasted before someone makes a stand?

We have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, but that does NOT give us the right to shit on others to get there!