Official Community Forums Home

Hurricane Irene

mailahn97

• Members

Well I used to think I was safe in NJ from hurricanes...well that was a false sense. We are preparing for a category 2. Evacuations all over as well as panic in the stores. I really hope that people pay attention to the warnings and evacuate when they were told. I watched the mayor of one county in NJ that has mandatory evacuations tell his residents if you decide to stay there is something you must do. Take a 3x5 index card, write your name, address, social and list 2 of your next of kin as well as their phone numbers. Put this in your left shoe so that we can identify you as we will not be able to help you if you stay. The rumbles felt from the earthquake on Tuesday was enough and now a hurricane. What all the snow over the winter wasn't enough.

Who else is facing the fears on the east coast with this hurricane and what are you doing to prepare?

Everyone take care. Be safe. I still have friends and family up there, so I'm worried. They told people to do that for Katrina, Rita, and Ike down here too. People don't think it's overly serious until it's too late. Emergency responders can't get to you in situations like these, so be smart!!!

• Members

we are about 20-25 min from the mandatory evacuation cities. We will most definitely flood. Outside has been secured, flyable objects put into the shed, sump pump hooked up and tested, tub will be filled with water for the toilet, bottles of drinking water filled, and tons of non perishable food stocked. Keeping an eye on things, if we have to get out we will. I have all of the babies medical equipment, meds, o2 tanks ect packed and ready to go. Thing thats can be packed into the car tomorrow will be done that way the only thing is the babies last minute meds and such. Important documents as well as clothes for us for 5 days, and the animals things are packed and ready to go. Still not sure where were going as all our family is in this area.

• Members

AK if you guys can get here you are more than welcome if it gets too bad. It is scary for sure. Please take care and keep in touch girl.