Official Community Forums Home

The Betty

wendybird74

• Members

Ok ladies what kind of Betty are you? Fellas what kind of Betty do you think the Ladies are? Just from what you know from here. Betty Page, Betty Crocker, Betty Rubble, Betty White, Betty Ford, :) what ever Betty you can think of? I played this game with some girlfriends once some of the ladies did not like the Betty they were thought of by others but it does kind of make you think :)

• Like 1

• Members

I find that most will find this hard as you can relate to a little of all the Betty's I have been told I am more of a Betty Crocker because I am a HOME MAKER the one that can fix stuff. But I am also at times a Betty Page, I have visited with Betty Ford more times then I would like to admit, Betty Rubble I so could get down with her silly side. Betty White I have a radical sense of Humor so picking one is not going to work for me. But maybe one of you thinks you can relate to just one. I am sure most will say Betty Page and good for you she was an amazing person. :)

• Like 1

• Members

Betty Rubble, there's nothin that makes me happier than supportin and carin for someone special!

Nice Cowgirl :)

• Members

Ummm..... I know I'm not sexy so definitely not Betty Page. I don't cook a whole lot, not that I can't, just its only my husband and I so not Betty Crocker. I could be a little of Betty White as I am funny and love to joke around.

Some other Betty's to think of Bette Davis, Betty Boop, Betty from Betty and Veronica.

all are great I can be Betty and Veronica I can be a bit of an air head I have embraced it :)P all are great ones thanks for sharing :)

• Like 1

• Members

i only know who two of those people are, and i wouldn't say i relate to either lol

i only know who two of those people are, and i wouldn't say i relate to either lol

Ohhhhh Em you are so cute Maybe I am a bit older then you if I could make a guess as to what Betty you would be is a Betty and Veronica mostly because you are young not because I think you are an air head at all. its just kind of a fun game to get to know people sweetie

• Members

Betty and Veronica that is kind of a great memory for me I loved to read as a teen I remember I had been given a huge box of comics from someone not sure why but I would sit on my bed with my feet on the wall reading and reading and reading them i think one summer I read every single one I loved the friendship between betty and veronica :) thank you Brandy for bringing that one back :) Betty and Veronica most wanted to be a Veronica tho she was sassy

• Members

there are a lot of things you know that I don't know? Music, Movies and some of the other things you share that make you who you are. I love that about all people. I appreciate that about you. You share your culture and some may get it some may not. Some will be curious and may never ask. I Betty to me is not just Pop Culture its just kind of a description or a topic it was not meant to offend you in any way. Age does not prevent you from a common knowledge Nor does Culture. People are Unique and good and bad interesting creatures.

I just thought it was a fun game maybe you can look up different Betty's see if there is one we don't know and share her with us. It is also a way to describe someone as in

Your such a Betty.

What kind of Betty?

What do you Mean?

Sometimes my girlfriends say this to each other and its funny but you can tell what Betty they are talking about because of the context of the conversation

• Like 1

• Members

I believe I know what "E" has said...I too have never met anyone with the name of "Betty"...Though I do have a second cousin named "Betty Sue"...So the name may be regional vs. popular by culture or generations...

I would never try and guess who is which "Betty"...

BTW, I have no idea who is "Betty" of "Betty and Veronica".... :wacko:

• Like 1

• Members
:P well its a comic book from way way back Ready and I dont really know a real Betty but ones that are in their late late years of age. Maybe it is an older Generational thing but it was a fun game with some of my girlfriends I guess they get it lol just seeing if anyone else did as well :)
  • Like 1

• Members

lol, if someone told me their name was "Betty Sue" i wouldn't believe them unless they showed me ID :P:lol:

Im originally from the South...Its a Southern thing...Betty Sue, Donna Sue, Pamela Jean...it goes on and on...LoL... :D

• Members

really? that's interesting, you probably already know this but I am a Linguistics major and I do a lot of study on regional dialects of English...my mentor is from the south too, i'll have to ask him about that :)

So, you're doubting me...LoL..

But Im not offended...Yeah it is common to meet young Women from the South with such names...

Its actually pretty well stereotyped on TV and movies, if the show is centered somewhere within the South...

• Members

ahhhhhh is that a challenge ok lets see

1.Seinfeld

2.Friends

3.Cougar Town

4.Two Broke Girls

5.Gilmore Girls

6.The Voice

8.Solid Gold Dancing

9.Laugh In

10.The Wonder Years

Ok maybe I through a few in there just to be a snot

:)

• Members

LOL im going to google these to see if ur just making it up! i've heard of seinfeld and friends (but never watched either of them) the rest i've never even heard of!

you google away girly :)