Official Community Forums Home

Who Here Is Actively Dating?

Tyger

I'm getting ready to file divorce papers with the court. Already started the process. Got an appointment with the soon-to-be ex for next week to go over the papers before I get them all professionally typed up (can't afford a lawyer), sooooo, I will be fancy-free soon. It's been several years since I've been on the dating scene, and in this small town, I have no idea where to start. I really don't like the bar scene, so I was wondering who's dating, and if you would share any tips with me, I'd appreciate it.

• Members

I haven't dated in 15 years. (man I feel old now. That is when I proposed to Amie.) But I have seen a couple of your pictures and I have talked with you on here. Once word gets out your dating, I don't think your going to have any problems.

Aw. thanks for that. Yeah, I haven't dated in 12 years. I've always been a "long-term relationship" kinda gal, except after my first divorce, but even then, I was "with" my FWB for about 9 months before I even thought of dating, even though I was totally free to do so. I only dated 4 guys before ending up with my soon-to-be-ex. I just like a dork about all of this. And I'll add an "old dork" too. LOL ;)

• Members

Though I'm not dating now, i have since my divorce...After several years of not dating and then suddenly finding myself single again, I was scared of the thought of dating, not knowing how to even approach a female I was attracted to...

I've found conversation quite easy though... It seems women readily approach men with confidence... Something I had not experienced before, especially in the work place... Though I don't date where I work, women seem a lot more approachable....lol

Ive never been a part of online dating, so I have no comment there... I have visited clubs/bars, but I have not met anyone while at a bar that I have dated...

I met my current Girlfriend at an ice cream parlor, Coldstone I believe....

So you never know... But I don't believe you'll have any problems... Just pick and choose wisely...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I'm not in for any drama. I find it ridiculous how some people can get so stupid when they find out their exes are dating again. I mean, you left each other, why want them NOW? Thankfully, I don't think my ex will do that. I've been lucky that he hasn't made a PITA out of himself. He only got dramatic once, which I shot down. I don't have to tolerate that anymore, nor will I. I've thought about trying to write a book, but I'm not sure from what angle I'd go at.

I do know I'm happier than I have been in a long time.

I filed papers with the court & our hearing is on April 29. I'm pretty excited to get this over & done with. I'm the "get it done" type of person, and this waiting is just so irritating to me.

• Members

Tyger, I'm glad you are getting away from your relationship. You made it sound pretty hard. But why not give yourself some discovery time? You might learn a lot from six months or a year of getting in touch with yourself without interference from suitors.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in no hurry, that's for sure. I've been here, with just my daughter, since November. It's been really nice.

I do miss the companionship of being with someone that I enjoy being with. I was unhappy overall, for about 5 years. I feel like I've been single that long, since I was having to do things all on my own anyway. And we never went anywhere together, and enjoyed each other's company. The last party we went to, I had to ask him "Are you going to pay any attention to me at all while we're here?" I shouldn't have to do that. It hit me hard, on the self-esteem front. I mean, if he really loved me, why wouldn't he WANT to pay attention to me? I don't feel as sexy as I use to, that's for sure. I got so down and irritated, I know I have a "keep away from me" vibe that I don't mean to send out to men. I'm trying to work on that.

I've read several books, enjoyed some movies, computer time, some jewelry making, photography, going to my daughter's karate events, and relaxing. My house stays as clean or cluttered as I leave it, and I don't have the irritation of feeling like I should be getting help from a lump on the couch. So, though I do feel alone at times, I'm enjoying spending time with DD, snuggling on the couch with her watchng movies, talking to her, taking time for me, and getting out a bit more. :)

In fact, during Spring Break, me and DD went to Florida to visit my mother & step father. It was fun to get out of the state, and we had a BLAST!!! I liked not having to feel like I had to call & report in all the time!!

• Members

Dating was scary when I first started it. It has also taught me alot about myself that I didn't realize I had no clue about it. Yes there have been ups and downs but I am much better for it. I have been separated for over 5 years and divorced a little over 2 years.

My ex occasionally causes drama depending on whether he has someone in his life or not. I am hoping he finally realizes that I don't go along with that bullshit.

• Like 1