Official Community Forums Home

Boy Friend Has Problems

groomer123

I haven't done this before.

My ex boyfriend could not get or stay hard for very long. He said it was in his head and nothing to do with me. Yes, he was on pills but really didn't work. He is alcoholic. He does stop drinking for a wk or 2 and is trying but still has the problem.

That's a great question, and I am wondering why you care now if he's an ex. However, in the spirit of being non-judgemental, I'll try to answer your question as best I can.

If your ex is an alcoholic, and has been for a while now, stopping drinking will take longer than a week or 2 to help with the erectile issue, if in fact, the erectile issue was caused by his drinking. Alcohol is stored in the system for a while.

If he's on any sort of medications, that can effect his hard on, so can depression, stress, problems with his cardiovascular system, diabetes, low self-esteem, age, family history of erectile dysfuntion, weight gain, or, and this is a more likely scenerio if he is an alcoholic: he's continuing to drink. Many alcoholics will say they've stopped drinking to make others happy, but haven't completely stopped due to their addiction. If he was a long-term addict, there's been damage done to his body, that he may never be able to heal from.

When people abuse their bodies with drugs, alcohol, ect. for a long time, there can be times where the damage is unable to be fixed with time or drugs. There's no magic fix for addiction riddled bodies & minds. His best bet would be to go see a urologist, and being HONEST with the dr.

• 8 months later...
  • Members

Topic has older date, but wanted to comment on Tyger's response. Tyger is spot on with her evaluation of the situation. My father was alcoholic/drug abuser and my eldest and youngest sisters are also. I have seen the damage done to lives first hand in immediate family, cousins, nephews & nieces. Some can no longer even make a coherent sentence. I have been married 35yrs by staying away from such. I find there are too many things to enjoy in life without the alcohol and drugs to interfere, bicycling, kayaking, hiking beautiful landscapes, tasting foods of local cultures and especially sex. Tyger said it all in a nutshell; especially the very real aspect of no fix for the long term damage done to one's body and mind.