Official Community Forums Home

Need Sex Toy Advice

corao65

Both my wife and I are 65 years old. We have been married for 44 years, are best of friends, and we are sexually active (once a week). My wife is especially conservative (timid) when it comes to bedtime activities and I am much more willing to experiment. I have talked with her in the past about using a vibrator when having sex, but I think she considers it to be dirty and kinky. She has had medical problems in the past which caused her to go into early menopause and since then her sex drive has been mediocre at best. I'm not getting any younger too, so it takes more time for me to become aroused as well. I would like to introduce a vibrator into our love making, but I'm not sure how to introduce it to my wife. When I have talked to her about it before, she almost immediately changes the subject. Can anyone give me suggestions on what to do?

• Like 1

• Members

Well so is my wife. I just told her I would like to get a realistic cock toy to use on her . She does not like the vib part of it but does like it when I rub it between her lips and over her clit. I alos insert it in her vagina and play with her clit till she has an orgasm. One thing I will say is to make sure you only get something that is about the size of your cock and maybe a little smaller. My wife tore during giving birth to our kids and she has some scare tissue. My wife is very conservative and it was a big step for her to even go along with me to a toy store and talk with the people there and talk about our sex life and what we wanted in a toy.

• Members

If you have talked before try again. I would suggest you try to explain why you think it would be fun. Instead of starting with a big toy or something shaped like a penis, try something small like a bullet or the small vibe Trojan makes. Let her handle it, or play with it before introducing it to sexual play. Instead of going strait for the hot spots use it for foreplay on other body parts (back, feet, hands, etc). As you experiment with the vibe talk about the experience. What was good? What did you like? What would you like to try more of? If you can stay away from what you and she didn't like. Focus on the positive. Have fun. Laugh. Relax. If she still says no accept that and ask what she would like. Then try out her suggestions. Enjoy your exploration.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Review Team

Does she enjoy foreplay at all, or is she more puritanical where sex is only penetration?

If she appreciates the foreplay, I would recommend a starter such as a lightly vibrating finger toy - maybe something that can increase in stronger vibrations if she's responsive. Don't simply apply it immediately, but start it with some gentle touches nearby. Maybe the inner crease of the hip, the curve of her bum, even maybe a little nipple stimulation.

If she seems to appreciate your efforts, increase the vibration as well as your approach.

If she's a fan of receiving oral sex, maybe lightly use it in addition to your tongue.

If she still doesn't like it, maybe you could leave it lying on her bedside table and hope she gets curious ;)