Official Community Forums Home

Opulent 4 1/2" Vibrator -- Don't Buy!

Amethyst

• Members

I purchased the "Opulent 4 1/2" Vibrator Compact Smooth" earlier this month for $11.95. While its mechanics do just fine as a vibrator (it gets the job done), the "high gloss sheen" started wearing off immediately! :o I've owned it less than a month and have used it about a dozen times, and it is left with blotchy spots all over where the top paint is gone! Since it was $11.95 I am over trying to return it for a refund, but in the future I'll stay away from the lacquer cote massagers. And another FYI, get a waterproof vibrator, non-waterproof ones (like this one) are so hard to clean! Bodily fluids stick in the screw-on cap where you insert the batteries! Hope this helped you from making a bad buy!

This is the one I bought: http://shop.tootimid.com/index.asp?PageAct...ROD&ProdID=3383

• Members

Amethyst, sorry to hear about your experiance with this type of vibe. I just have a few questions for you, how were you cleaning it and also what type of lube were you using?

Here at tootimid, it doesn't cost anything to return the product, and they will replace it or give you store credit. That is what is so great about this site besides the forum and all the help they offer. If I was you I would call the 1-800 number listed at the top of the screen and at least let them know.

Sorry to hear.

Call into the office and ask for Meaghan. She will take care of you. We have been selling this for item for over 4 years and this is the first time I have heard of such a thing.

Rob

• Members

i haven't used any type of lube (its all me), and as for washing, just a mild antibacterial handsoap (Softsoap brand to be exact). I just think it would be odd if a handsoap could do that to it! and the finish would only wear off after use, not when washing. (and again no lubes or creams, etc.) I'll look into returning it and call later.

Woo! I just called Meaghan (what a nice girl) and she said they would ship me a new one. I'll toss this sucker out and see if this next one holds up. Wow, this place has great customer service! Thanks!!

• Members

Glad to see you got everything settled -- they take good care of us here, don't they?! :)

Not putting words in Katprr's mouth, but I know that when I read your original post, I wondered, too, how you were washing it -- meaning, if you were using a harsh, abrasive scrub cloth or something that would scratch the surface, thus causing it to have surface issues. I think that might have been what she meant (if not, sorry!).

So, cleaning and coating-issues aside, were you happy with this vibrator? I keep looking at similar ones (they're just so pretty!), but it'd be nice to hear from someone who's used them before. Are the vibrations strong? Does it have a 'cool' feeling to it because of it's material?

Happy playing! ;)

• Members

Valntyn, you didn't put words in my mouth :lol: That is what I was thinking. I know tootimid costumer service is WONDERFUL. They really do know what the true meaning of costumer service is.

Glad to hear it was all taken care of. :)

• Members

I was only using mild soap and washing it by hand and then i would dry it with a small washcloth (not harsh or anything). So i guess this one was just defective? I hope I'm not using it too vigorously or something! lol.

well seeing as it is only my 2nd toy i dont know how helpful i can be in recommending this one. Especially since my first toy was easy to surpass, it was a larger vibrator made out of a horrible material that always felt sticky and it was too big (which my bf did not like, lol) and the vibrations were pretty low...so it went in the trash. I am not having very good luck with toys so far...

Putting the paint deterioration aside, I was happy with the power my new one gave off. It definitely gets the job done. Its pretty spunky and gives off a nice vibration strength and i really liked the size (which is why i'm getting the same one again, i cant find any others in the same size). And I liked the smoothness of it. When my bf would lick it to get it a little wet and turned on the vibrations it felt nice when you rubbed it--everywhere, it just slides smoothy across your skin. But another downside was it was a little hard to clean when it came to the end where you put the batteries in. Some "lady fluids" get trapped in the cracks and its a b*tch to clean it out. But if you keep it from going in too deep I don't think you'll have that problem.

And update: i just placed a new order today! i got a purple Ultimate Pearl Beaded Rabbit Vibrator (wow, try saying that 5 times fast!) And the Hustler Rock-it (which i got free because of the special offer thing going on! yay! i hope everyone took advantage of that!) So i'll let you know how they stack up against the Opulent 4 1/2 Vibrator Compact Smooth. Ciao!

• Members

I have to say you will love them both very much. I have purchased both of them, well I should say purchased the one and only paid shipping on the other. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did. :)

• Members

I agree about the Hustler -- you'll LOVE it!!! I have one and another's in the mail to me. :wub: I can't say much about the rabbit except I've read nothing but SUPERB reviews about it. (And yes, yes, it IS in my wishlist! *giggle*)

Thanks for the notes on the other vibe! Have fun with your new toys!!

• Members

Thanks guys! I can't wait! But the one I'm really wanting is the iVibe Rabbit... that one looks like a lot of fun ;) Out of my price range at the moment... but one day it will be mine... lol :)

• Members

I am really surprised that no one here has reprimanded this girl on not using lube with her toys!

Amethyst, I know you are young and VERY horny - and probably feel VERY wet - or ARE very wet when you start playing - BUT I would ALWAYS suggest using some type of lube with toy play! This will protect YOU and your toys! When you play with a sex toy, your natural lubrication "sticks" to the toy - as you have noticed - and you dry out quicker than with regular sex or oral sex. So, please take it from me - avoid injuring your sentive tissues - LUBE UP!

Mikayla