Official Community Forums Home

Safe Sex, Who's Responsible?

Tyger

To me it seems like it's a given that the woman is responsible for the birth control, since she's the one that can get pregnant. But, why exactly is that? I mean, a guy is just as responsible financially, and should be emotionally as responsible for the upbringing of a child. It takes 2 to tango, so how come, generally, it's the woman's responsibility?

Then, of course, is the STD factor. I mean, both people are at risk for contracting something, and, the man is the easiest one to actually get protection quicker.

What are your thoughts?

• Like 1

• Members

On the procreation side of it, I think that it is both their responsibility.  If a dude doesn't want any more children he needs to get the snip snip, or make sure he always uses a condom.  The same for the woman if she doesn't want another child.  But then again I have two kids that prove hormonal birth control alone doesn't always work.  I was on birth control when I got pregnant with both of my girls.  On the STD side it is most definitely both parties responsibility. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

In theory, on paper, both parties are responsible.  In practice, if one party doesn't care so much about the outcome, then it will fall to the other party to be the responsible one.  Often (not always), that will be the girl, who has to deal not only with the pregnancy, but will be left holding the bag if dad skips town.  With STDs, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think at least some more easily pass from man to woman than woman to man, so that leaves the woman more at risk.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
  • Members
On 6/17/2016 at 1:26 AM, Tyger said:

To me it seems like it's a given that the woman is responsible for the birth control, since she's the one that can get pregnant. But, why exactly is that? I mean, a guy is just as responsible financially, and should be emotionally as responsible for the upbringing of a child. It takes 2 to tango, so how come, generally, it's the woman's responsibility?

Then, of course, is the STD factor. I mean, both people are at risk for contracting something, and, the man is the easiest one to actually get protection quicker.

What are your thoughts?

I agree all the way

• Like 1