Official Community Forums Home

Hi Everyone

MrsJames

Hi everyone, this is my first time on ANY forum like this. Was raised by a super religious, introverted, anti social dad who saw anything sexual as tabboo so now, while I LOVE having intimate time with my man and I love feeling vulnerable with him, when I do things alone, it feels dirty. Iit has affected my relationship with my husband (it's gotten worse since I became a mom, as if I feel bad for feeling any sort of sexuality at all. Anyway. Trying new things and trying to branch out and break myself away from the way I was raised. Hoping it all goes smoothly. ThNks for letting me vent.

• Thanks 1

• Members

Welcome to the forum. Being raised in a strict religious family that teaches sex as taboo is difficult when you reach adult life. It is unfortunate that so many in strict religious thinking forget that sex in committed relationships  by religious standards is a beautiful thing filled with connection, enjoyment and desire. There are so many passages in the Bible that talk of the joy of love, sex and passion. I would encourage you to embrace your sexuality, learn your sexual self with pleasure, desire and enjoyment. As much as being a mom is wonderful, it is not your only role in life. You are a sexual person with desire. By being healthy sexually you become a better parent that can teach her child healthy intimacy. I would suggest learning about sexuality, educate yourself. Bring what you learn to your relationship. Sexual passion between husband and wife is a beautiful thing.  

• Like 1