Official Community Forums Home

Does anyone still want relationships?

• Members

I still would like a serious relationship and be happy with someone. If all possible of course. For about two years now I've been slowly working on myself and doing things for myself for once. This is something I needed. To work on my confidence and try to get some of my happiness back, since I was suffering with depression for a few years. Sometimes I lay awake at night thinking that nobody is interested in relationships anymore. I'm trying to think positive about this and just keep focusing on myself. I don't want to seem desperate or needy, that's not attractive. My mind just wanders off and thinks a lot about things. It's just my thoughts on this and wanted to see what others had to say about this. Whatever happens, I will still remain positive. 😎

• Like 1

• Members

Sam I certainly agree and can relate 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I just saw this post.

Even though it's about 6 months old, it's still very relevant. 

Now-a-days, it does sometime seem like people don't really want a true relationship, or the work it takes to actually get there. It's a very instant gratification life, especially for the 30 or younger crowd. Courting/dating is a lost art. Romantic gestures are dying. Think about it. Years ago, you see something in a catalog (yes, paper), or even online, it can take weeks to get to you. Now, there are services that allow one day shipping. You have delivery services that will now even deliver fast food to you at a few clicks of your computer, or taps on your phone! 

You can do business with people you've never met face to face. Even have a visit with your doctor virtually. Personal touches and communications are a real skill that is being lost, and that skill not as valued as it use to be. 

Dating apps where you can swipe left for no, right for yes......and, let's not forget the anonymity of online dating where you can be whomever you want to be, and there's little accountability if you lie and say you're not married. Sending "junk shots" where people don't ask to see your guy or ladybits without asking, and it's all suppose to be ok.

It's good that, when you're single, you do take the time to work on yourself. And to create standards for yourself,  expectations, and certain things you will and will not compromise on.

Advancements in technology, communications, and social media sometimes, in my opinion, aren't real advancements at all. How hard it is to date now! Before I met my GF (which, I did meet online), I tried different online apps, and would get all sorts of propositions, dick pics, and lies up the wa-zoo. I had 2 people saying they were wives of the people I were messaging, blaming me for his texting me. Yeah, he hit me up, but it's MY fault. I was the really one that was truly single.

Thankfully, on a more specific dating app, I opened my preferences up to None, and bam! I lucked out, and found someone a bit older than I, who believed in romance, communication, and personal touches. I'm well aware of how lucky I am to have found one such as her.

Take your time. Learn yourself. Don't sacrifice your true self for who you are, and who you want to be. If you do use dating apps, be honest about what you expect. Keep to your standards.

I know it's especially hard with C-19 right now. Nobody is really going out and doing much face to face at all. But, it can happen!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Members

you are all right this i was the year i not going to put up with dealing with dickheads and fuckwits and so far its working time for a little self indolence

• Like 1

On 7/17/2020 at 5:20 PM, kanga grey said:

you are all right this i was the year i not going to put up with dealing with dickheads and fuckwits and so far its working time for a little self indolence

We all need to do that once in a while. We have to take care of ourselves.