Official Community Forums Home

C-19 projects?

Tyger

So, many of us aren't working, or just going back to work......

What have you been doing to pass the time away during the social distancing, stay at home orders many of us have had to deal with?

I've done a bunch of purging, cleaning, sleeping, binge-watching, and spending time with my kid. My GF has to work (essential employee), so we haven't spent a lot of time together really.

What have you been up to?

• Members

No major projects.  Still working, from home, very thankful to have that.  Hoping to pitch some nickels into the hurting local businesses once things open up.  Some house cleanup stuff and yard work and goofing off on youtube--found some pretty amazing guitar players who are fun to watch.  Trying to get back into an exercise routine that I fell out of over the winter, but I think I may have had that stupid virus back when it wasn't even supposed to be in the area.  Didn't think so at the time, it was mostly mild, but it lingered and went away and came back a couple of times, and even now three months later if I exercise or bicycle ride my airways get irritated, though less and less as time goes by.  Getting back into my routine has been slow going.  Not complaining, it is what it is and many others have fared a whole lot worse.

The wife and I went for walk/hike in one of the parks last weekend.  Her idea.  She absolutely hates that stuff (well, since we got married anyway; she seemed to dig it well enough before that).  Shrug, I don't understand her sometimes.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else?

• Members

Lots of projects around the house, fishing in the boat where I don't have to worry about social distancing, go to isolated parts of the beach, and playing softball. Did I mention sex!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I have been gardening with my wife. It's been fun reconnecting. I use to commute 2hrs each way. I now have that time back. When the kids are distracted we are able to get intimate. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I was furloughed. Long story and I don't want to act bitter, but they were sadly taking advantage of me. Calling me back in on " emergencies" and then out the same day . Working 3 days a week for just a few hours. They decided that fell under the "come back to work if you're called" clause. I would end up losing my unemployment and the additional Covid $600 attachment. I made less in one month than if I had been on unemployment for 2 weeks . So, I ended up quitting after 15 years with the company. I don't  get  unemployment because now they claim we're all called back but low hours.. I like to hike, but the national and state parks were closed for awhile . So I tried to purge my belongings. Still have stuff in boxes... I need to go find a new job. Been living off of savings for 3 months now. Not been very productive. Doing a lot of soul searching.  Having some sexual needs met through this site, an impersonal forum seems safe . That was weird to find that side of me. Anyway the safe way to kind of act out on my "naughty" needs without having someone think I am now "a girlfriend". Will probably be moving out of my house to another property I have and making this an AirBnB. Wish me luck. 

PS thanks for asking 

• Like 2

• Members

sorry to hear about that Luvcock. Good luck to you on all your new endeavors and hope you can find what you're looking for mentally, physically and sexually.

my wife and I this time of year normally spend a lot of time in New Mexico hiking around the wilderness. But with this covid-19 we decided not to head out there right now. Planning on heading out in the fall when all the aspens are turning and there's a crispness in the air

• Like 1

• Members
2 hours ago, Rio said:

sorry to hear about that Luvcock. Good luck to you on all your new endeavors and hope you can find what you're looking for mentally, physically and sexually.

my wife and I this time of year normally spend a lot of time in New Mexico hiking around the wilderness. But with this covid-19 we decided not to head out there right now. Planning on heading out in the fall when all the aspens are turning and there's a crispness in the air

Thank you for your support. I feel like I will end up where I am supposed to be..

I lived many years in Arizona. Up by Flagstaff there are pretty Aspen. 

Hopefully you will get to enjoy that trip. Although luckily,  the ocean must be a great release for you 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We finally finished our hobby room a couple of months ago. Now, I need to get some vinyl and transfer tape so I can start making decals.

I've been trying to catch up on some personal paperwork.

I've been spending some time with friends here and there.

I did find a job, part time, at Spirit Halloween, which has always been something I've wanted to do. So, there's that.

I'll be trying to find another part time job.

Been going thru stuff and we've gotten rid of a bunch of things!!!! 

My mom and stepdad visited a few weeks ago, and, because I don't have full time work, I was able to spend more time with them, which was really nice.

Also been trying to perfect the art of online selling. Only thru FB Marketplace at this time. All the shipping and stuff thru other sites is a cost I really don't want to deal with. Though, I may have to to get things sold that we want to get rid of.

My daughter is a Senior this year, so we have all sorts of things that we are going to have to do, plan for, and so on. 

With all of this time, I still hate laundry though!!! LMAO

Our pets are really enjoying having us home more. 

My GF hates that we don't go out and do too much, but, shopping gets boring, and we really can't go on many adventures with the Texas heat, C19, and people getting stupid. LOL

• Like 1

• Members

The pandemic has made my job more involved: I work on a 24/7  365D/yr  nurse triage line. We used to service tens of thousands of callers....now it is hundreds of thousands due to emotional fall-out from people trying to deal with their changed lives...changed health...and with this virus. A LOT of anxiety, anger, fear, sadness....especially with the elderly population and people with challenged immune systems. I come on here for my own sanity....sex talk and fantasy is a GREAT stress reliever....but then again you all know that LMAO! I try to keep some normalcy in my personal life....I attend Jazzercise classes a few times weekly (they only allow 5-6 participants per class and we are spaced apart); ride my bike on local bike trails; get my hands dirty in my garden .......and I have the wonderful advantage of having my youngest daughter and my only grandchild living with me so I can spend time with them😊! I have done many small home improvement projects....time well spent for sure! My boyfriend works in research for a college and has his own private office. I too have a private office, so social distancing is easy for us. We spend only weekends together.....riding his Indian MC on back roads, watching Netflix and cooking together....and having crazy sex of course! But I am veryyyyyy eager for the scientific community to develop a viable vaccine for this damn virus!!!!!

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I was working in the er filled with covid patients, or getting on trouble from being seen or heard on microsoft teams by my kids class via zoom or my wife class. Peace was going store to store searchhing for food items to feed them

Spirit halloween is my sons dream job