Official Community Forums Home

Sexless marriage...

MasterTnHisBrat

Wife had severe trauma at the age of 7.  The drive is naturally less because we're older. But, the want and desire are mainly mine now. She does show a few sparks that yearn to burn. Butt, to no avail. She has told no one; save myself. Being taken by 3 thugs on school grounds while walking to school is a trauma that I rage about with all women; let alone my loving awe inspiring wife and best friend. Take a minute...

Now I'm asking if anyone has any Helpful solutions to resolve our delema? Thank you...

Thoughts

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I think there are many questions that need answering before giving the appropriate advice, so I'll start my reply by asking some questions.

1. How old is she?
2. Is she on prescription medications? If so, what are the side effects?
3. How was her sex drive in the beginning?

Having asked those questions, I have to say that there is more to having a sexual relationship than actual intercourse. Of course there's oral sex, etc.....but more importantly is the touching. And I am referring to cuddling, hugging, kissing, brushing her hair, massaging her, etc..

Show her you are there for reasons OTHER THAN sex. She KNOWS you want sex but you know what? So did those "thugs" (I prefer to call them rapists) and just that may be enough to scare her. Show her you love her. Show her you care. Make her FEEL you love her without expressing the desire for sex. Hopefully she'll come around.

Best of luck.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have gone back and looked at some old posts. I thought I'd bring some back to the front.

This man sounds awesome. Though sexually frustrated, he still feels protective of his wife, and still considers her his best friend at the time of this post. I hope they were able to work things out and get a bit more sexual. 

Many people feel like talking about this sort of thing is "complaining" or whining, when, in fact, it's not. Talking things out, and having those open conversations, can really help just purge yourself and allow those feelings to flow, heal, and you can progress. Nobody has ever felt better by just bottling things up inside.......man or woman.