Official Community Forums Home

Girl friend is getting recurrent yeast infections after intercourse with me

My current girl friend who I just started dating is getting a yeast infection after unprotected sexual intercourse with me I know that this is not uncommon however she has not had this problem with her previous sexual partners.  Its possible that there may be something in my seamen that is throwing her chemistry out of whack.

Aside from using condoms for the rest of our relationship does anybody have any advice on how to avoid this problem?  For example would using an antifungal cream after sex help?

• Members
3 minutes ago, Partheno Genesis said:

lol, I don't drink beer. 

Actually I just heard back from her it looks like her Diabetes has worsened and this is the most likely cause of the problem. 

Sorry for putting all the causes on you hope that she gets it under control!

• Like 1

• Members
11 minutes ago, Partheno Genesis said:

lol, I don't drink beer. 

Actually I just heard back from her it looks like her Diabetes has worsened and this is the most likely cause of the problem. 

My wife is a diabetic and it's definitely a HUGE contributor! 

• 4 months later...
On 11/4/2021 at 2:00 PM, Partheno Genesis said:

No I'm not.  Based on what I have read there does seem to be an increased rate of yeast infection associated with the forskin, however this is presumably not an issue for the hundreds of millions of couples in countries where circumcision is not routine.

If this is a recurrent issue with her, and you're not circumcized, then yes, that could be it.  She needs to speak with her OB about the issue, so they could figure out what it is. But, I think that could be the issue.

If she doesn't, she should also get up right after sex, and clean, maybe even shower after.