Official Community Forums Home

Best And Longest Lasting Lube?

• Members

I tried to find reviews but I didn't see too many.

Are water-based lubes the best or should I go for silicone? Are there any water-based that are glycerin-free (other than the too timid kind, I already have some of that lol)? Which brands are the best? I've heard a lot about astroglide...

I've tried KY but I didn't really like that one.

Well, THIS could get confusing! LOL (Meaning the name)

I love Astroglide. It's safe for pretty much anything, toys, condoms...Cleans up easily too.

• Members

lol I see what you mean!

I was looking at Body Fluid by fun factory... but I'm not sure. I'm finally going to see my bf after about 4 months (really long distance). We're going to spend a little over 3 weeks together during both of our christmas holidays. He says I should get a lot, so would silicone be better?

Well, I've only ever used water-based lubes, just because I get bladder infections really easy. If you tend to get yeast, bladder, or bacterial infections, or are planning on using condoms (always recommended) and/or toys, I would stick with the water-based ones.

• Members

hmm... ok. I'll get some astroglide then! Thanks!!

Oh wait! Astroglide has glycerin... does anyone know if it's vegetable glycerin?

Nevermind lol I went to the astroglide site.

"Are there animal products in Astroglide?

There are no animal products in Astroglide."

so it must be vegetable glycerin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I have some lube that I got from TooTimid called swiss navy, and that stuff Rocks! I am currently working on a review and got the last of the "testing" done yesterday to answer just about any question one might have about it. It's silicone based, but if you want one that is smooth, and ULTRA long lasting, this could be the one you need.

• Members

I don't care for Astroglide. I've gone through a couple bottles, and it tends to get sticky. Also, it has an unpleasent taste IMO. I really like the TooTimid lube. I've only used it for solo play so far, so I don't know if it has a taste yet. I wish it came in a bigger bottle. Silicone lube is great too, but can be a pain to clean up.

• Members
I don't care for Astroglide. I've gone through a couple bottles, and it tends to get sticky. Also, it has an unpleasent taste IMO. I really like the TooTimid lube. I've only used it for solo play so far, so I don't know if it has a taste yet. I wish it came in a bigger bottle. Silicone lube is great too, but can be a pain to clean up.

I have to agree completely. I bought some of the astroglide, because it gets such great reviews, and I thought it was waaaayyy too sticky. I didn't like it at all. I personally love the tootimid lube. Wish they made it in bigger bottles. :) I bought another water-based to try, it's in the mail, I'll let you know what I think. :)

:rolleyes:

I tried to find reviews but I didn't see too many.

Are water-based lubes the best or should I go for silicone? Are there any water-based that are glycerin-free (other than the too timid kind, I already have some of that lol)? Which brands are the best? I've heard a lot about astroglide...

I've tried KY but I didn't really like that one.

I'm far older than you, but I found that water-based lubes are best...Mine is glycerine based, but easy cleanup....

Having said that, I had to have a hysterectomy at 29, so I needed the lube options... fortunately, my body recovered its' ability to produce lubrication after a time...it's still hit and miss, so I keep backups to be sure....

Penny

• Members

To answer this question, I really have to know what you are using the lube FOR! Sex? Anal Sex? Toy Play?

The reason I ask that is, if you want it for regular sex - silicone lubricants are really not necessary. Astroglide would probably do the trick.

If you want for anal sex - then a silicone lube is what you need. Smoother and much longer lasting. ERos Bodyglide or Swiss Navy are great ones.

Now, if you are using it for toy play - you have to be careful, because you can't use a silicone based lubricant with a silicone or cyberskin toy - so you would have to tell me what kind of toy!

There is an article on anal sex lubricants that I wrote in the sex ed section and I have reviewed probably 6 lubes in the review section of the FORUM - so check them out!

Good Luck!

Mikayla

• Members
I have some lube that I got from TooTimid called swiss navy, and that stuff Rocks! I am currently working on a review and got the last of the "testing" done yesterday to answer just about any question one might have about it. It's silicone based, but if you want one that is smooth, and ULTRA long lasting, this could be the one you need.

Hah,

Swiss Navy. Talk about irony.

I too, have heard and known a lot of men that have just used your basic baby oil with regular masturbation.

However, I believe that men don't have to be AS careful as women do, when it comes to lubing themselves. But they do need to be a bit carefu, since it isn't impossible for men to get yeast or bladder infections, though not as much so as it is with women. Also, stuff that is made for external use can cause STINGING if it gets inside your soldier's little hole. :blink:

Women's lubrication goes INSIDE their bodies of course, so women have to be a bit more careful as to what goes up in them. Lotions, Vaseline (or generic petroleum jelly), baby oil, and any other sort of External lubrications can very easily harbor bacteria inside a woman's body. That, coupled with her own secretions, can add up to bladder and/or yeast infections.

So, be careful of what goes where!!

Hi, I am new to this, I was wondering if anyone knows what the best anal lube and toy are to use for a first timer like me, my boyfriend wants to do anal but I know it will hurt, so he usually uses his finger and sometimes he can get 2 fingers in, every now and then that even hurts a little but feels good when its not, I want to let him do me anally but I want to get myself used to it first, whether I do it alone or he helps, so if you know of a toy(s) and lube that is best to use to get us started for anal pentration with the real thing, please let me know, thanks for any help or advice