Official Community Forums Home

Quick Question

Natalie

• Members

Is lotion ok to use for anal sex? If so, would scented lotion be a bad idea? (Like...would it cause irritation or infection?) I've been hesitant to try it, and it's the only lotion I own at the moment.

I'd only be using it on an anal toy that I have, not with another person. If it's a bad idea, I'll just go out and find a tiny bottle of lube or something :P Thanks!

• Members

Hi Natalie, In my opinion I think it would be better to just get a bottle of lube. I can tell you that the Tootimid lube is great for anal play. I myself have never tried lotion, I would think though that a scented lotion would cause some form of irritation, but then again I am really not sure.

I also think that using lotion on a product (toy) would cause the toy to not last as long since there are alot of different chemicals in lotion verus lubes. I am sure that others here will be alot more helpful, and have a little more information for you. I don't think I would run the risk if there is one and to be honest lube really is alot for you and your toys. I know to there are alot of different lubes I personally have tried the Tootimid and LOVE it and Astroglide. I am going to try the swiss navy one to. IF you toy is silicone though make sure you don't use a silicone lube on a silicone product it will destroy your toy. Best of Luck to you!!!

Hi Natalie, welcome to the board!!!

Great question!

I would seriously recommend that you NOT use hand/body lotion for any sort of sexual play (including anal). Those types of lotions state on the bottles "For External Use Only" for a reason. Lotion, even the antibacterial kind, inside a body can still harbor and promote bacteria growth, and cause infections. Plus, I'm sure they'd sting if you tore even a tad! Plus, with any anal play, use lots and lots of lube, and if you used lotion, the chances of it running down into your vaginal area are high, and that would also be a bad thing.

Go down to the local store or pharmacy, and get some lube. The small cost of lubes that are MEANT to go in a body, are a lot better than the costs of having to go to the doctor later.

• Members

Hmmm. Don't want to disagree with the experts, but I've had to resort to "lotion" for lube for anal sex once or twice, and it didn't do any harm. It isn't as good as Astroglide or Swedish Navy Lube (why do they need anal lubricants in the Swedish Navy? don't want to go there.... ick!) or even Vaseline (which is better than most "anal" lubes, in our experience), but it's better than nothing if it's all you've got on hand.

Heck, we even used butter once, a la "Last Tango In Paris"!

But seriously, invest in some good purpose-made lube. The Astroglide gel form is our preferred anal sex lubricant, and my favorite for use with anal toys.

• Members

Hey Tyger that Swiss Navy Captain is mine. :lol: Had to make a comment since you raised your hand first. :P

Anyway, Natalie yes get a good lube, they really aren't very expensive and they are better on the body and made for the intention of insertion. I would highly recommend staying away from butter, and lotions. I do understand though that at times you use whatever is at hand. Swiss Navy I have heard great things about, although I have never tried it the two main lubes I use are Tootimids which is AWESOME and Astroglide although I am going to try the Swiss Navy one.

In my opinion I would rather use something that is made specifically to enter the body, butter was ment for being eaten on something not for insertion. Lotion on the other hand I am going to agree with Tyger on I wouldn't want to take the risk of having some of the lotion go from my anus to my vagina in the heat of passion. It could really cause a infection that is why also any toy once used anally should, even after being clean, never go vaginal again. I have label toys for anal play and others for vaginal.

Get a good lube, there are some great reviews here about the lubes here and they are at a great price and work well. I am not a huge fan of Ky but your local store would carry it. Good luck!

LOL Katt, someone PMed me (who shall remain nameless unless they want to confess :P )and told me that I'd be their mascot!!!

• Members

Hi All,

Coming from a pharmacist:

A lotion from a pharmaceutical company, not from a cosmetics company, is as safe as you can get. However, the topical lotions and cremes are not made for the purpose. They are messier than the proper lubes, and cannot be used with condoms. My advice is to get some good lube that is made for the purpose - it is comfortable and safe. And a bonus is that lubes often come in bottles or tubes that are really simple to use in action. After all, you don't want to tie both your hands with the lotion bottle, when there is plenty of cock to be rubbed at the same time.

Lots of love

• Members
Its the SWISS Navy, and not Swedish Navy- that is the name of the product. And, if you had to try to get a crew of men to haul a boat up those mountains, you might understand why a Captain might need a good lube! :wub:

OMG! I hope I didn't offend any of our multinational Euro-Friends! :blink:

Howard: I am puzzled. Why would the SWISS need a navy? Are they not a landlocked country? Wait... I understand now. If you were a sailor in the Swiss Navy, one's landlocked status would likely be eNOURmously frustrating... hence the need for some serious lube to relieve that frustration.

I am SO glad we had this conversation!

Smooches...

;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

thanks for the advice everyone! Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I got caught up in the usual holiday chaos and almost forgot I asked :lol:

That's pretty cool info about the Swiss Navy also, thanks for posting that Howard. :P