Official Community Forums Home

Is Packaging Important To Your Buying A Toy?

Tyger

Now, obviously here, you don't see the packaging, just the product, which helps keep the focus on the item.

But if you're in an adult store, does the packaging help aide in your selecting a toy?

• Members

I would have to say yes and no. Here is why, the way it is packaged really doesn't matter to me, but now the discribition of what it does or doesn't do helps a little. Myself I really look at the toy, since most of the packaging I know here at our adult stores, you are able to see the product to.

Now when I asked my Husband this question, he said that when he use to go into the adult stores the packaging helped him alot. Since of course he read the describtion of the product, but if the product was in a really cool looking box he said it help him with his choice easier. I think that is kinda typical though in a sense when your other half goes to try to find you a gift or something. They aren't always sure what you want or may or may not like. Here though you get the details and all which is why I love this place.

Good Question Tyger!

• Members

Yes. I like to see how "big" these toys are, in person if possible. As for the box, I like to see how it is marketed. If the company took time in designing the box. Color and photos do a lot for me. If it looks cheaply thrown together, I tend to look at other products that have the flashy advertising.

• Members

I prefer toys that are packaged without the naked woman who is assumed to be enjoying herself with the toy - it is not necessary for me. Don't get me wrong, I love to look at gorgeous women, but it is not necessary for me to see that to buy a toy.

I look at functionality, size, battery style, ease of use - if a toy has all kinds of features and comes in a brown, paper bag I would be more apt to buy it over a toy with naked people that looks cheap!

Mikayla :P

Guess I should answer my own question. LOL

Packaging really isn't that important to me, especially in a store. As long as I can see the item, and possibly see a description of it. I could do without the naked women in the front, too, but I try and consider it a bonus eye candy feature! LOL I do like colorful packaging, but it's not that important really.

The only way that packaging would make a difference, is if the packaging was damaged, then I'd get another one that wasn't.

• Members

Hi All,

My girlfriend has, so to speak, outsourced her sex toy purchasing to me, which fortunate role I enjoy very much. I'm mostly into the neutral-looking gadgets with good quality that are more impressing to feel than to look at. Since the toy is usually a gift for her, I tend to prefer neutral packaging as well. But if the packaging is tacky, I get rid of it and e.g. wrap a silk bow around the toy and place in a place where she can find it.

Regards

• Members

Hi All,

My girlfriend has, so to speak, outsourced her sex toy purchasing to me, which fortunate role I enjoy very much. I'm mostly into the neutral-looking gadgets with good quality that are more impressing to feel than to look at. Since the toy is usually a gift for her, I tend to prefer neutral packaging as well. But if the packaging is tacky, I get rid of it and e.g. wrap a silk bow around the toy and place in a place where she can find it.

Regards

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I do most of my toy shopping online, usually in stores that show the toy itself (like TT) so I can see what it really looks like. This produces some cringing occasionally when I open up an order to find a toy I was really looking forward to packaged in a very sleazy or cheap-looking way. It does dissappoint me a little when that happens, but if the toy holds up to my expectations, I can usually forgive tackiness. ;)