Official Community Forums Home

Body Bare Hair Shaver?

curvacious_lust

• Members

OK...I'm too chicken to get a brazilian wax and hubby has issues with me getting one done by a "stranger"...LOL. Sooo...has any one used the "body bare pubic hair remover" or the "seiko cleancut intimate shaver"?? I'm sick of knicking myself using a traditional razor.

I'm thinking you mean fully shaving your pubic hair? So that you're completely bare?

I've never tried any of those things. What I use is a deep moisturizing conditioner (yes, for your hair on your head), like TRESemme' (oo-lala), all over my legs and pubic area. I do one section at a time, after a nice deep soak in hot water. Then, I shave one small section at a time, rinsing my Venus Divine Razor (it vibrates even!! :P ) often. The razor refills are a bit pricey (about $12 for 4 razor refills), but they're worth it! I do get a little knick here and there, but that's really to be expected. It's usually from where there may be an ingrown hair, or where I wasn't really paying attention. I love that razor, it does a nice job and I get a smooth shave. And, with the conditioner, I get soft, sexy legs and pubic area too.

I've been shaving *down there* since I was 20, so, I think that I've "toughened up" that area a bit, that area being use to getting shaved.

If you have sensitive skin, I would recommend waiting on putting any moisturizing lotion on afterwards. I do have sensitive skin on my legs, and if I do that, it makes them sting. So, I wait until my body has cooled off (no more open pores), and possible knicks have healed up so that the lotion won't get in them and make me go OWIE!!

Good luck!

• Members

I have never tried them either. I use the good old razor method. Althouth I have decided to try the Brazilian wax thing. I found a place in Scottsdale here not very expensive at all. I have an appointment next week. I will admit I am a little nervous but I hear that it beats shaving everyday. I normally though soak in a hot bath, grab my shave gel, make sure I have a new blade in my venus razor and shave.

If you decide to try one of those let me know how it goes. I will let you know how the Brazilian wax went I am hoping it isn't painful but we shall see.

• Members

I decided WTF, I have a 30 day trial period and ordered the Seiko cleancut one because I know Seiko is a good brand name. I'll let you all know how it goes when I get it. ;)

• Members

My wife uses a cream from the "ethnic hair care" isle at the store. It's called black magic or something and it's designed for facial hairs and to prevent ingrown hairs on black men. (it says it right on the tube!!) She will usually do this just before her cycle and she always says her periods are easier to deal with when she is bare down there. I don't complain either! I can look up the name of the stuff if anyone is interested.....

Great idea Mike!

• Members

I admit, I use it too, I love that it almost never leaves ingrown hairs. I use it on my balls, and taint and they stay smooth for weeks afterwards. I can give anyone the name if they are curious for it, just pm me.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

i ironically i was talking to my gf the other day who is from Brazil...her mother waxes everyone in the family and they wax everywhere! her mother even makes her own wax (have not clue what she does)...any who, my GF Derm told her to stop because #1 you are ripping off a layer of dermis...a layer that has its own time line and #2 she was bringing out her spider veins from the tension of the skin....so she has stopped...she does not like to shave but she says it is better than all that can happen after several years of waxing....25 years she had waxed for

i personally have not waxed.. i shave...thought about waxing but chickened out.

• Members

I have tried the Magic shaving powder. It works ok but man. does it smell bad.

I'm more of a shaver, old school I guess, been doing it since I was 20 or so.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members
So, CL, did you get the razor? How do you like it? I am thinking of getting one so I wanted an honest opinion.

Yes, I did get it and I am disappointed in it. I followed the instructions of trimming to 1/4 inch, then shaving but it just doesn't get me smooth as I like it. Oh well. <_<

• Members

I have never had a wax either and I don't think I would want one in that area. Like Tyger I use the Venus Divine Vibrating razor. It is terrific. The only problem I have is that my skin is still very senstive in my pubic area. Even after nearly 20 years of shaving it bare, I still get red bumps occassionally or even razor burn, even with a new razor.

I think I am going to look for the product Mike_d is talking about and see if that works. Right now I shave with my body wash, which is the only thing that does not irritate the rest of my skin. That would Dove Body Wash. I use the cucumber/green tea version.

If anyone has any other suggestions on how to "beautify" this area so that it doesn't look like a puberty stricken teen forehead when I undress, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

ShyBear

• Members

I know it sounds weird but Dove deodorant is made to reduce the bumps you get from shaving your underarms. It works in other places as well. Also I can't remember the name but I found some disposable razes at the drug store designed to shave the "bikini area"