Official Community Forums Home

Sharing Toys

• Members

I was on a flight not long ago and I picked up a mens magazine (either GQ or Esquire) and the reporter was looking for the elusive G-Spot orgasm. He bought 1 toy and used it with 3 women. Only one was demanding that she be the first to use the toy, and the other two seemed to have no problem. Each woman lived in a different state and had been with the reporter prior to the article so it was not their first time in the sack. He washed and ran the toy in the dish washer (he said he got one dish washer safe) and cleaned it well.

I am just curious, how many ppl here have used toys with more than one lover? I don't think I could. If my wife and I were no longer together or she passed away, I think I would need to start from scratch with new toys. I might buy new ones of some we have now that I really like, but I couldn't see re-using toys with a new woman.....

As far as using toys ON another lover, no, never have. I do have a couple of toys that have lasted thru moves, and whatnot, but only a couple, and I use them on me, myself. All of my new toys me and my hubby have used at one time or another. I have gone thru many sex toys, and any either worn out toys, or toys that have just plain died, I throw out.

But, never have I shared a toy with anyone, as in using a toy on one person, and then that same toy on another. I don't recommend that, just for hygeine reasons. Unless you're talking about sharing a toy during a sexual episode.....then, well, that is a different story. ;)

• Members

I have never shared my toys with another lover,,,,I mean I have shared them with my husband of course but from one relationship to another no, unless of course they are ones I have used on me and that is it. I also about once every 6 months go threw my toy box, and clean it out. Throw the worn out toys away etc...

Exsample with my X we had gotten numerous cock rings ect,,, when we split up they were thrown away. I think it would be a huge hygeine issue there.

• Members

I agree with Katprr and Tyger i would not use any of the toys that i have with my husband with anyone else and sure dont want another toy that someone else has used the hygiene issue is an big issue

• Members

First off, no, I never have used toys with anyone other than my husband. One big reason could be because our toys have 'only' been bought during the last year and we've been together for 13 years.

Cleanliness is a concern no matter if the toy is used on just me, both of us, or just him. If it's not clean, it shouldn't be used. We wash them when we first open them; we wash them when we're going to use them (especially if they've been unused for a while); and we wash them after they've been used.

That being said, I personally don't have any psychological reasons why I wouldn't use one of our toys with another -- either a third party (were there one) or a future mate (which of course, I hope not to have cuz I'm kinda fond of my husband :)).

You use your personal body parts with PartnerA. If for whatever reason you were going to have a different partner after that (the next night, the next month, ten years down the road...), would you not use your penis/vagina with PartnerB because you'd used it with PartnerA previously? Hopefully you're showered and clean, especially in the areas you're "sharing the wealth" with. Seems the same to me...

Anyway, hopefully the words put through the thoughts in my head. I'm too tired from shovelling snow to really be quite sure. *chuckle* Everyone has their own feelings to this, and I don't think anyone can be right or wrong on it. My only hope is that people remember: Be clean and have fun. :)

I realize one can wash a sex toy, I promote the use of antibacterial soap too. Though, I don't recommend washing toys in the dishwasher each and everytime you need to clean your toys, because most sex toys aren't made to withstand that kind of heat, and over time, it breaks down the materials of the toy.

And, yes, I know that STDs need a warm, moist environment to stay "alive", so to speak, so I know that's not really a concern either.

I guess it's just the *thought* of someone else using a toy with my partner, then with me. I know that my husband has had other lovers in the past, naturally, but I don't want him to have reason to think of someone else while making love with me. Make sense? That doesn't make me insecure, but I want him focussing on me, not some other person in his past. At least not with visual aides. If he fantasizes, well, there's not much I can do about that. ;)

IMO, that man that was travelling with the vibrator, should have just given it to the first lady that tried it out, then gone to a sex shop, loosen up his tight-wad ways, and bought another one. After all, it's not only the toy, but the person's personal preference. And, as we've proven here time and time again, what works for one person, may not work for another.

I was reading the post about sharing toys. Sharing toys is fine as long as they are cleaned properly. First off ussing an antibacterial soap is actually bad for most women that can cause yeast infection if not propely rinsed. Second off most companies sell a toy cleanser this toy cleanser is safe to use for all vibrators. The jelly vibrators and some gigi will actualy turn sticky and will melt with antibacterial soap. The onle vibrators I Know you can use soap on is the bullet and the glass vibrators. Please if you are using anti soap then stop, check some websites for cleanser and your vibrators should last a long time.