Official Community Forums Home

Cleansing Question...

DirtyBlonde

• Members

My bf & I are planning on trying anal sex next week when we get together....I am kind of a cleanliness freak and am planning on doing an enema beforehand....do I do it earlier that same day or the day before or what?? I have never done one before so I have no idea what to expect.

Also, I have been to a couple of different drugstores and can't seem to find them?? The Fleet brand is the only kind I have heard of (I want a ready-to-use & throw away after type). I was looking in the feminine hygene section....are they hard to find or am I looking in the wrong place?? Yes, I'm too embarrassed to ask the druggist :rolleyes:

Also, I have a tube of Astroglide but it's the "gel" kind...is that OK or is the regular kind better?

Thanks in advance for any help

• Members

The Fleets enemas are usually located by the laxatives. Don't worry about asking someone for directions. Enemas are used for a number of reasons. There is nothing to worry about in asking. For all they know, you are picking it up for your great-aunt Suzie.

• Members

While using an enema can help with anal sex, it is not necessary. I use an enema for cleansing when I know my hubby and I are going to have a night out or alone - cause I know that anal sex will happen - but I do not use it frequently.

I also use the Fleet enemas, and I would suggest using it in the early morning or afternoon - not immediately before. Enemas clean out what is in your LOWER intestines, and what you eat takes a good 12 hours to reach the lower intestines. Also, people react differently to enemas, and sometimes keep going and going and going - so doing it in the morning is a better choice.

As for the lube - Astroglide works great - gel or regular. REmember to use A LOT - you can never have too much lube. Have your bf insert his fingers first, or an anal toy - then work up to his penis. Read my article on Everything Anal in the Sex Ed section to get yourself familiar with how to make it go smoother.

Good luck, be safe and HAVE FUN!

Mikayla

• Members
For all they know, you are picking it up for your great-aunt Suzie

:lol:

Thanks for the info ladies....I figured morning would be best but it's always good to ask when in doubt ;) I know it's not a necessary thing....but it'll make me feel more relaxed in general.

I have read most of your articles Mikayla...including the anal stuff (I checked there again before posting incase I missed this bit of info) .....they're all very helpful, thank you for writing them!!!!