Official Community Forums Home

My Go-to Lube

Mikayla1

• Members

zastro55main.jpg

It occurred to me lately that I am constantly recommending Astroglide to people, as well as talking about it in my other various toy reviews, but I have yet to actually REVIEW the lubricant to tell people why it has been one of my top lubricants for probably 10 years!

Astroglide is one of the most unique lubricants that I have ever used - their motto is "second only to nature" and I can attest to that! Astroglide is a water soluble and water based lubricant that has the lasting quality of a silicone based lube! This is quite a feat for a lubricant, and not many lubes can boast this staying power!

The wonder of Astroglide is its ability to be used for all types of sexual activity - vaginal sex, anal sex, water play and toy play. PLUS, since it is a water based lubricant, it is safe to use with ALL types of toys! If you do not know this already, silicone based lubricants (while long lasting and great to use under water) are NOT safe for toys that are silicone-based or cyberskin

Astroglide is clear, non-staining, non-scented, non-toxic and actually performs much like a woman's natural lubricant - times 10! I would and have recommend Astroglide to ANY person for ANY sexual purpose! If you have not tried Astroglide, I urge you to give it a shot! While there are many lubes on the market - Astroglide is a true favorite of mine and is most likely the best choice for all of your toy or sex play. If you are looking for a quality lube that has been time-tested - Astroglide is your lube - it sure has been mine for longer than I care to admit!

GET the GLIDE

I too, use this, and LOOOOOOVE it!!!

• Members

I recently tried it (based on Mikayla's review and other advice) and ended up a bit itchy afterwards... well until I washed it off. It was also a little sticky and had a funny smell to it... but other than that it worked great. Long lasting and all that good stuff lol I guess I might be allergic to it or maybe I got an off batch. Oh well... I guess I need to keep searching for my go to lube.

• Members

I am really surprised that you found this lube sticky - I do not find it so at all - and I have been using it for YEARS!

I am also surprised at your reaction, Astroglide is a hypoallergenic lubricant -meaning, it is all natural. Hmmmmm, you have stumped me here! However, not all people like the same lubes - so keep in searching! You may want to try Swiss Navy - or the TooTImid Lube - I have found those to be up on my list as well!

Mikayla

• Members

I thought I might've been the one to find it sticky, but I talked to my bf about it last night and he said he found it sticky too. Is it possible that I got an off batch? I have some too timid lube but I haven't tried it yet... I'll look into Swiss Navy too! Thanks!

• Members

Tiger, did you use the gel or the liquid. I have found the gel to be a bit sticky or stringy, but the liquid is great. My wife also has reactions to some lubes and we prefer swiss navy, she has no issues with that.

Also, some people's body chemistry just may have a bad reaction to certain lubes. I would suggest if you have a history of allergic reactions, such as a rash, irritation/itching, or even developing bladder/yeast infections, that you try some samples of each lube (one at a time, giving your body to react to it, and that way, narrowing down what you can and can't use), and then purchase a bigger bottle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Well I did the after shower test and it was sticky. I think I might have the gel.

I think I'll suggest that to my bf, Tyger. lol not that I think he'll mind testing out the lubes.

• Members

I tried this once for anal we also found it to be get sticky after a while. We had to reapply it a few times over. Thus far, I would say the best anal lube ive treid is the Bettersex Essentials Silicone Lube.