Official Community Forums Home

Sex Vs. Stress

• Members

Hi All,

I'm a lucky guy.

I share my life with a most wonderful woman that I admire, respect, love and lust with all I've got. Even the sex and intimacy are excellent - I couldn't wish for more. But sometimes, stress creeps in between us and spoils the intimacy. For me it has never been an issue because for me sex is the best way to get over the stress. Just like the Woody Allen quote in Mikayla's old signature said: "Sex relieves tensions, love causes it". I totally agree. My girlfriend however, functions differently. For her, stress is a mood killer. When stress creeps in, it comes and knocks off the sex. She cannot be turned on until the stress is gone. I understand that there is nothing wrong with it, we are just all unique in the way we respond to circumstances. But have I missed something? Does anyone share the same problem? How do you cope with it?

In a way, these stress periods work well in reminding me about the other great things that come with a healthy and loving relationship. But let's face it - who wouldn't want to avoid the sexual slumps?

Regards

• Members

Sex, as I am sure most of us know, is more emotionally based for women. So if anything is stressing them mentally, it can kill the mood. I know it does for my wife. I agree with you, it would be nice to avoid the slumps, but I don't know of a way it can be done.

• Members

While I agree that for "most" women (myself not included) sex and emotion are tied together. I have much emotion when making love to my hubby - but I can take the emotion out and just FUCK for tension release or fun!

This is what people who have these stress issues need to understand - sex in itself IS stress relief. It relaxes the muscles, releases hormones, makes you tired or more relaxed - it is GOOD for you to have sex when you are under stress. What women have to try to do when they are not in the mood because of stress is to say, "ok, I am just going to fuck...no la de da romantic warm-ups - just down and dirty oral and sex! Hey, when I get stressed one of the first things I do is get out my best vibrator!

Stress can be a mood killer for men - taking their erection from full throttle to little or nothing - and that is a bit harder to fix. However, women - we can get easily put into the mood if our man is doing is job of pleasuring us!

So yes, I agree that for women it is more difficult to relax and have sex when the stress is on - but as many of my girlfriends have now discovered - sex can be the best way to forget woes, relax and have FUN!

I will readily admit that stress does factor in, at times, to our sex life. Depending on what "type" of stress we are going thru, affects our sex life.

Like, if we're stressed about money, which, in all honesty, most people are, then that's just an every day stress we deal with.

If it's stress, like our daughter being sick, especially at night, then, well, sex is not an option.

Work related stress unfortunately comes with working, whether it be for yourself, or someone else. Some people handle that differently than others may. I suppose it may depend on the "level of stress" there too.

As odd as it may sound, but as "normal" as it is, when experiencing a death in your family, that can actually increase your libido. Nature's way of making you feel alive, and trying to LIVE, and prove you're alive. We've had a couple of those instances, unfortunately (for the death, not the sex).

Stress, for most people, will effect your sex lives. Learning to cope with stress, and the different kinds of it, takes a lot of self-discovery, and a willingness to face the stress and deal with it in as positve a manner as possible.