Official Community Forums Home

Too Timid Pleasure Gel

drdlight

• Members

Well, my order finally arrived. This one seemed to take longer to get here, for some reason. Generally, I am very impressed with the speed of service from Too Timid. But, I guess it happens from time to time.

Part of the order was for some Too Timid Pleasure Gel. (I love to try out new lubes!)

1 - Bad - getting the stuff out of the bottle, is a bit of a mood killer. I finally got the little safety cap thing off (that stops it from spilling around inside the shipping box). It took a bit, and definately slowed the action down.

2 - Bad - the bottle was so stiff and hard, that I had a heck of a time getting the lube out of the bottle. I finally had to totally remove the top, in order to shake some into my hands - then it was 'feast or famine' - either too much lube coming out of the bottle, or not enough. Now, I will admit - I do not have the strongest hands in the world, but I can manage to get most 'squeeze bottles' to function for me.

3 - Good - once I was actually able to access the lube, my hubby seemed to really like how it felt when I started a hand job, on him, to get him started. ;)

4 - Bad - however, the product also seemd to evaporate quite quickly - so I had to engage in the Battle of the Bottle once again.

5 - Very bad - due to the difficulty of getting the product out of the bottle, on more than one occassion during the same 'sack session', hubby's focus changed from intimacy to 'nature calling' - and the mood definately died, leaving two very frustrated adults!

For starters, please change the packaging on this product. Then - maybe we can put the product through a more productive testing!

I would have to say this is 'Battle of the Bottle' - and the Bottle won! 2:0 :angry:

I, personally, like this lube. We use it often, when we have it. I use this, and Astroglide as well. I've never had much of a problem with it evaporating as quickly, but I am generous with any lube I use.

But, I will agree that the bottle needs a little more "give" to it. The bottle being as small as it is, is probably one of the reasons that it's so stiff. Or the cap, I'm not sure. But it's hard to get out, and the cap's hole doesn't seem to have the opening it needs to get out in a reasonable amount, without some serious squeezing either.

I hope you're able to have better results! But, with every person, comes different preferences.

P.S. BTW this was my 1000th post!!!! :)

• Members

I never, ever wait until the moment I am haivng sex to open my lube. I know that most lubes have that 'safety' cap on them, so I do not want to fuss around with it when I should be getting down and dirty. So, I suggest having all your supplies ready to go. I equate that to putting the batteries in a toy right when you want to use it. I also prepare my environment with lube, toys, cleaning supplies, a towel, etc.

I have used TT Gel and find it wonderful. The bottle is stiff, yes, but I have never had trouble getting it out, and I have gone through 2 bottles already.

I too am sorry you had a bad experience, but - and I MEAN NO DISRESPECT HERE - most of the issue seemed to be your unpreparedness in opening and exploring the product. In the future...prepare, prepare, prepare! :P

• Members

While I agree the bottle is a little stiff and can be a bit of a bugger to get the gel out if you don't prepare ahead of time, I hope you give it another try! This is our favorite, preferred lube to use and we never have any troubles with how long it lasts.