Official Community Forums Home

Online Dating Article

• Members

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18313055/

I think that what she is saying is true. That website she mentions alot will probably fail and its sad how in so many things in this world to be noticed or whatever, you have to fit into the whole Hollywood look.

What about people who are not model looking but have a wonderful personality? Give them a chance.

I liked the article & her humor. Very cute. And the author has some great points as well. I don't consider myself drop-dead gorgeous by any means, (yeah yeah, I know you're going to check out my profile pic now :P ) but I have never had a problem getting a date when and if I wanted one (when I was single of course). You just have to put yourself out there a bit. Even at work (to a professional degree).

• 6 months later...
  • Members

Liesl, I didn't check which sight you are speaking of but I know that most that I have ventured into had women, men, couples and more but few were model material. Granted these sites do parade the better looking women to entice but if you watch real close there are a few that have the same pictures with different names and even locations. I'm nowhere near being a model but I have never had any problem. Perhaps you should get out there and meet some people. Once you get comfortable with it the rest is easy!!!