Official Community Forums Home

Went Out On A Date With My Hubby

Tyger

Hubby suggested that we go out on Friday night, asking his father to watch our 4 yr old daughter. This is a rare thing for us to do. First off, cuz we are usually busy with the barn, house stuff, and helping others will all their stuff too. Plus, I know that my ex-SIL used my FIL A LOT when it came to watching her kids, even just to go play BINGO (while complaining she worked so much, she never saw her kids), so I don't like putting them out, even though they love to do it.

We had a great time last night! We went to one adult store on the outskirts of Houston, then ate dinner, then to another adult store, then back to the first one. Hubby has really shocked me with how much he is willing to try to open up our sexual relationship again! I am so proud of him, and am sure to tell him too. We also had some great, stress-free converstaions. With his weird shift (one week here, one week at work), we usually play catch-up, and talk about the basics, and that's it. It's been kind of depressing for both of us lately.

Down here, the adult stores are pretty well set up, not like the "seedy head shops" you may find. Most of the stores also try very hard to cater to the exotic dancers that are in the big cities, so they have large selections of lingerie/costumes & shoes that look like you'd break your leg if you fell in them! :rolleyes:

They are so highly regulated down here it isn't funny. For instance, with anal toys, they literally have to black out the word ANAL on anything. And, here in TX, it is illegal to sell anything that is realistic looking as far as dildos are concerned. Not sure about fake pussies, but that's probably true too.

The only realistic thing I saw were a pair of fake breasts molded of Jenna Jameson. Of course, hubby LIKED those! :lol:

We bought 3 things for anal play, that one of our members have recommended before. We have the medium thickness one here, but we got the SLIM one, which is blue & I haven't seen here yet. But here is the link & pic to the one carried here:

tan0991-1main.jpg

FeelDoe~OH YEAH!!

Hubby was the one to see it, and he actually insisted we go back and get it! This is from a man, that, only a few months ago was like "AW HELL NO!" when it came to even the thought of anal play (on him).

Anyway, we also got a small, rubbery anal toy, 6" and very slim.

DJ0976-01main.jpg

It's this one, but we got ours in a pinky color. He liked this one to start with. I tried telling him we had that here, but he wanted something for THAT night, so we got it. He said that one felt really good, and even though it was bendy, he was able to get it inside of him, and it felt really good.

Plus some Astroglide Shooters (anal lube with applicators) to make things even easier. All 3 items were a GREAT success and we had a lot of fun when we got home!!

I was SO proud of myself too. I even helped this woman out, who, obviously has had a lot of toys, but was looking for something new, and I recommended a few things to her. She was truly interested in a glass model, but not sure of what to get. She had complained that a lot of the things that she gets, with any sort of battery in it, shorts out after some time. I almost felt like a salesperson at this point, even though I was sure to tell her that I am not. I gave her the web addie for this site, and told her of the 1 year guarantee. She was instantly impressed with that.

I hope she comes to the site, even to lurk, and find some stuff that will satisfy her! :)

I saw several things at these stores that are carried here, and they are comparable, if not a bit less here, but I still say, that even if they're the same price, the guarantee that is offered here is a GREAT incentive to buy here!!

We were a bit later getting home, cuz hubby wanted me to take the toys out of their packages and read "directions", even though I told him that very few actually HAVE directions (unless you're talking battery insertion, and even then is if-y). He got so distracted & excited that he missed 2 of our exits! :D I was proud of him for asking questions, and he was even more comfortable handling the toys HE picked out!

Anyway, we had a GREAT night of many O's when we got home, loved all of our purchases, and even better, that we renewed some of our bonds again. It was very nice.

I wanted to share, so some of you that I've seen are in similar situations, will know that partners can surprise us at anytime, and talking and sharing are the only ways to really let them know how you're feeling, and how you like things!

• Members

So glad that you and your hubby were able to get a night out together alone. That is soooo important to a marriage. That is the one thing I tell young people when they ask for advice. Always make time for each other alone, date each other, romance each other. With 5 young one it was not always easy and sometimes money was tight.Some of our best dates were candlite dinners after the kids had gone to bed or sitting on the porch swing just talking.

I do love your idea for the adult stores :) maybe I should take DH on a date tonight!!

• Members

Awesome, awesome, awesome, Tyger!! I'm SOOO proud of that man! :) :) :) And I'm SOOOO happy for you!! I'm glad that you two were able to have this date night and rekindle; I know it's been rough sometimes.

*HUGS* I'm all smiles for you! Hehehehe!!!

• Members

That is WONDERFUL Tyger!!!!! I hope you have locks and alarms on your toy box. :P Your hubby is opening up soo well I am very proud of him, but be careful he might up being a toy theif like mine was. :P I am very proud of your hubby I am soo glad you had a wonderful night to. Since life and kids can get to you after awhile. Way to go Tyger. ;)