Official Community Forums Home

Shaving-women

rosamaba

• Members

Umm - Okay I have tried to shave before but got a bad rash- I have sensitive skin & it took a long time b4 i could shave my legs with out getting a rash -couple years :(

I don't have much hair it is light& fine & past partners remember me as being bare which is a nice complement or maybe them just being not very observant who knows

Anywho- Now that I am older the hair is a bit longer& darker & has been botherin me- i trim but then my partner doesn't like it unless i get it "just" the right length

I shaved again so far no rash

But I wasn't able to get a close enough shave.

Am I doing something wrong? When you rub downwards its smooth cant feel a thing, but up against growth of hair i can feel a little stubble.

Would I get a closer shave pulling the skin tighter... cuase then i seem to nick myself more...

Also how often would you say I need to shave to keep it smooth... keep in mind my hair grows really slowly still -i shave my legs about 2-3times a week to keep them smooth -&less if i dont mind a tiny amount of hair growing back b4 i shave...

Sorry for all the questions... just curious I want to have a beter experience hopefully this time so I dont stop shaving again& just try to eccept my hair bleh!

Here is one post done a few months ago:

Shaving tips post

And this one is a review on some Coochy Cream, which also has a lot of our poster's shaving tips in it as well:

Coochy Cream review and tips

I hope these help.

• Members

Another possiblity - wax. I also have sensitive skin, and have found that waxing doesn't leave the longer lasting skin irritation that shaving does. Now, granted, I haven't gotten the whole thing done yet - just the bikini line. However, my hair was sparse and pretty thin to begin with (if dark) and after a few waxings it doesn't seem to be growing back at all.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

If you can't stand razors or the pain of wax, try Nair or Veet, they go on like a lotion and sort of melt the hair, then the cream and hair wipe off. Some people complain about how they smell, but you only have to smell them for about 15 min. Check the labels since some brands are specifically for sensitive skin types.

• Members

I have the same problem. I love being smooth, but waxing is expensive and have bad results with shaving. I decided to try out the coochy cream even though i was VERY skeptical, I had tried others in the past. I tried it last night for the first time and OMG!!!!!!!! It is so worthy it, I noticed while i was shaving the HUGE difference. I'm waiting for it to grow back, which is taking a little longer than normal :D , but I really don't think I will have any of the normal problems like i normally do. If your the same as me...rash, ingrown hairs, etc. get this coochy cream I swear you won't regret it. B)