Official Community Forums Home

When To Introduce Toys?

inexperienced

• Members

Another question from me-

I haven't had an orgasm with my boyfriend yet. I always enjoy it, but can't quite get there. I have never faked it, but I know he feels bad about not being able to share that experience with me.

I'm almost positive a vibrator would help--a lot! However, I know that the Teachers on this site say not to use a toy in masturbation until someone knows how to get themselves off without one. (Which I can do)

Does the same go for sex? Should I have an orgasm naturally without a toy before I introduce one during intercourse?

• Members

While it is true that I highly - HIGHLY suggest a woman know how to get herself off manually first - it is not a "sin" nor "wrong" to use a toy to get there. Some women just take a LOT more stimulation to get to orgasm, and using a simple bullet or vibe to get there can be a good thing. In fact, after you have had some experience with orgasm, it should be easier to get yourself off. So, if you want to or need to - invest in a simple toy. PLEASE do not fake your orgasms, cause you are just cheating you and your boyfriend!

• Members

Maybe I didn't explain things well...Sorry!

I can get myself off manually. I have no problem bringing myself to climax without a toy while masturbating.

However, I just bought a toy and WOW! I feel if I introduced this during sex, I would get that tiny bit more of stimuli needed for me to orgasm while with him. I just wondered if I should wait to orgasm during sex without the toy before trying it with the toy.

I completely agree with you: faking orgasms solves nothing and that's why I've never done it. I'm thinking that if I use the vibrator during sex I could get used to orgasming with him, which may lead to it getting easier without the toy.

Does that make sense?

In answer to your question, talk it over with him. If he gives an unsure response, like he doesn't really "KNOW" about having a toy in the bedroom, have him "catch" you masturbating with the toy, or, one night simply hand it to him and tell him to get creative with it. Only you are going to know how he will react, and which way will be best.

I've always been up front and honest with any of my lovers concerning sex toys. I told them I use them, and if they want to join in, fine, if not, I'm still using them.

Letting him know that your orgasms may be more intense with the use of a vibrator (don't say "help" cuz that may make him feel inadequate), should make him more accepting.

Also, 80-85% of women NEED clitoral stimulation to orgasm, so, he should know that this is perfectly normal, and not his lack of trying.

Good luck!!