Official Community Forums Home

I Need Help

Hi I new here.

And I need some help. I like this guy that works at the grocery store I go in every night. I have been going to this store for about 4 years but he started working there about 2 years ago. and at frist I was not interested in him but about 1 year ago I started to really like him! But I am very shy. so I hardly speak to him. :( But I go to his line when every he is open! But about 5 mos. ago I hand him a piece of paper that had my phone number on it and said call me sometime. but I soon as i left I got to wounding if he looked at it because it had a bank advertising on the front and i had folded it up so he might have thown it away or I wounder if he layed it down and forgot about it because he had a long line. So anyway he never called and never mentioned it. but acts the same I mean he is more friendly then I am because I am so shy (some people might think I am snooty but i am very shy)

But now I would like to say something that I am very interested in him. I mean I would really like to know now if he likes me too. Because he acts like he does. So what should I say or do to finally know?

Thanks for any help.

• Members

The first thing you really should try to do, in my opinion, is start chatting with him in the line. I have a bit of anxiety when it comes to talking to people I don't know, but within the first couple of scentences it usually melts away(Once I've figured out that person isn't going to laugh at me for talking). Start probing him for things you suspect you might have in common and make sure you smile. You can listen as you're getting up to his line what he talks about with others to do this. If you find something that you have common ground on (even food) then you can make a casual comment such as 'Oh, you like Pizza too? I know this pizzaria called Al's Pizza that has the best pizza with some of the most original toppings I've ever had.' If he responds to that then you can try to bolster up your courage to asking him out for a lunch date or some such thing. Or you can be playful 'I'll tell you where it is, but you'll have to take me.' or 'I'll tell you where it is but you'll owe me a slice.'

You can also spell out "will you go out with me" with your groceries on the conveyor. Cheezy, I know.

Ultimately though, you have to talk to him, and you have to become comfortable talking to him.

I'm sure others will come along and give more advice soon.

Thurisas.

• Members

Life is too short to let opportunities pass us by! I agree with Thurisas, talk to him! Be friendly, flirty and fun! Then, try the phone number thing again - but be DIRECT - and hand it to him. IF you have a business card, that works too (although some find that cold - I find it efficient). Ask him when his break is, tell him you love Starbucks or something and would love to talk to him outside of the store.

Take a chance honey - the worst thing that may happen is he says "no" and the best things are you get a new friend or boyfriend out of the deal!

Go for it!!!

Hi Thanks guys for replying. So I am going to a chance and make a move. I was thinking about trying handed him my number this time OR please guys give me some tips about this.. He just got a new car and I was thinking about saying something like "did you get a new car? When are you going to take me for a ride? so what do you all think? Should I or should I not? Thanks