Official Community Forums Home

Orgasm Migraines

slickshot

I've been experiencing Migraines leading up to Orgasm whether it be from oral, penetrative sex and masturbation. I've read about this, but am worried that these headaches won't go away, and they just seemed to come out of the blue. They hurt soo bad, I pretty much just have to stop.

Does anyone have any suggestions or inputs, knowledge on the subject. I am only 43 and sure don't want to give up sex.

• Members

i've had these before and the breathing should help. also try keeping real hydrated along with the breathing. it worked for me. being stressed out wont help much either.

I would highly recommend you go to your doctor and find out if there's something behind it too. Of course, deep breathing may help, and it's worth a shot, however, your doctor may prescribe something that will head off a migraine before they happen, or catch it before it gets too bad.

I am in NO WAY a medical professional, however, sometimes, if I know that I'm going to probably get a headache (like going and working out in the humidity), I get a big glass of water, and bring that with me, AND I take some Excedrine to help head off the headaches I do get in humidity. But, again, that works for me, and in NO way am I telling you to do that as a medical professional.

Good luck to you. Call your Dr.

• Members

I used to experience the same thing with my ex and I would think.." I heard that sex was supposed to be good for a headache, not cause a headache." What I noticed was that, I only got them when he put a lot of his weight on top of me, basically cutting off my circulation and making it hard for me to move under him. If I was able to move then it was not an issue. I have never gotten them from oral or from masterbation...I do get migraines as a regular medical condition though and I take a preventative to stop them now. They used to get so bad I would have to be naked in a dark room, with no noise, with the air conditioning as cold as I could get with an ice pack besides. I could not eat or drink anything and would spend half my day or night, if not both puking my guts out. NOT FUN! You may want to get checked as Tyger suggested to make sure they are not stemming from an underlying medical condition. Speak to your GYN...they would be the best person to speak to about it. They know more about how the female body works than a regular doctor does.

Good luck! I know how bad they hurt...really sucks. Get check out just to be sure!