Official Community Forums Home

Cleopatra's Secret... Sugar?

gemini26

• Members

I don't know where else to put this, but I'm wondering if my beloved Cleopatra's Secret clitoral stimulator contains sugar. It is scented and flavored, so I assume so... ? I'm not experiencing any issues, but have been using it more often so I want to make sure I'm not going to have any unwanted vaginal issues. If it does, does anyone know of a response cream that has no sugar?

• Members

GREAT question!

Cleopatra's Secret Creme (all flavors) does not contain actual sugar, however it DOES contain Glycerin (a sugar alcohol,) however, this doesn't mean that it is unsafe to use.

Astroglide is a lubricant that also contains Glycerin. Also, some toothpastes, mouthwashes, skin care products, hair care products and soaps contain it as well.

There have been several women's journals citing glycerin as a source of yeast infections. This is not entirely true! In fact, some yeast infection cures contain glycerin. An existing yeast infection CAN be made worse by using products containing a large percentage of glycerin. This is because the sugars in glycerin act as a food source for the yeast. Women who are prone to yeast infections should use a lubricant that does not contain glycerin.

*please note that if you have an active yeast infection - you shouldn't use toys, and refrain from sexual activity (and if you've had a yeast infection - you probably know why. :()

Hope that helps!

-Meg