Official Community Forums Home

Self-pleasuring...

sailorzelda

• Members

I have an issue that I didn't even realize was an issue until I started reading more about effective ways to masturbate...

But I clench my jaw and usually the muscles in my shoulders and neck when I'm trying to reach orgasm. I was thinking about this the other day, and I realized that this may be the main reason that I have a hard time with my lover. I can orgasm with him and get myself to orgasm fine, but I've never had anyone else actually "give" me an orgasm.

Do you think this jaw-clenching thing might be contributing to the problem?

That may have a lot to do with it. Try really hard to relax your jaw muscles. It'll be hard, since you're in this habit. Maybe try getting a bit more vocal, or try silently (or even loudly LOL) oohing and ahhing during sex, to keep your jaw muscles from tightening up.

You can actually learn to relax your jaw while you're just sitting down, not having sex. Wiggle your jaw, exercise it, concentrate on relaxing them. Over time, it should work.

Do you have any dental issues? TMJ is a possibility, though since this is only during sex (unless you notice that your jaw is sore in the AM when you wake up too), this may not be an issue.

• Members

Do you have any dental issues? TMJ is a possibility, though since this is only during sex (unless you notice that your jaw is sore in the AM when you wake up too), this may not be an issue.

I do have TMJ, actually, and I've been trying to work on relaxing my jaw just while I'm sitting in class and such...

Then that's probably a BIG reason why your jaw clenches whenever you're doing something that is either pleasurable, or requires concentration. Ask your dentist about a TMJ guard. My mother's dentist told her that she could get away with using one of those mouth guards (like wrestlers & football players use) until she could afford to get the guard specially designed for HER mouth. They're expensive (she paid about $800 for hers I think~cash price). Sleeping with the guard in your mouth may help aleviate some of that clenching. Of course, I'd recommend you speak to your dentist first, before doing anything.

• Members
Then that's probably a BIG reason why your jaw clenches whenever you're doing something that is either pleasurable, or requires concentration. Ask your dentist about a TMJ guard. My mother's dentist told her that she could get away with using one of those mouth guards (like wrestlers & football players use) until she could afford to get the guard specially designed for HER mouth. They're expensive (she paid about $800 for hers I think~cash price). Sleeping with the guard in your mouth may help aleviate some of that clenching. Of course, I'd recommend you speak to your dentist first, before doing anything.

I had one of them things I got at walgreens for about $25, I have ruined a few crowns from biting down while sleeping. But I not sure if this subject is the right topic to discuss with your dentist. At least not while he drilling your teeth.

I know he/she into oral but I not sure they discuss oral at the same level we do most the time

Glenn