Official Community Forums Home

Bunnies

CGEM

• Members

Hi All,

Could someone, maybe at TT, give me a crash course on the different features in dual-action vibes?

There are a thousand different dual-action vibes to choose from but, to be honest, I don't know how I should pick one for my girlfriend. The obvious features (size, material, waterproof/not, etc) are well mentioned in the reviews. The problem is that if you're not an experienced bunny breeder, knowing these things doesn't help that much. To put it simple, my question is:

What makes a good dual-action vibe?

What about those rotating pearls? Are they any good? Why? Why not? Should there be separate motors for the shaft and the clit stimulator? If so, how long will the batteries last?

And the interface - what sort of controls should it have? Someone just recently praised a bunny with a simple disk control... Is it enough or should there be separate controls for tip, shaft and clit stim? Some of the controls on the vibes look very "Hong Kong" - do they tolerate frequent playing or should I go for a simpler style?

And finally, what is to avoid in dual-actions? What makes a bad bunny?

Regards,

• Members

I will do my very best to answer this question for you, but one thing you have to keep in mind is PERSONAL PREFERNCE!

You are correct when you say that there are many "basic" characteristics that set this dual apart - waterproof, size, material, etc. - but the most important difference is really size. Basically, length and girth. Some women really like the FULL feeling - then they should get one with bigger girth. Others have shorter vaginal canals - they should get a shorter one. You do have to know what your lover prefers. However, if you have a basic idea of what your lover enjoys, or if your lover is up for anything, what YOU think she will enjoy.

Then, there is also to consider the remote control options. There are I-Vibes (controls on the base easy for her to operate or you), remote control that is wireless (fun from across the room); or even remote on a wire connected (not as popular as other choices for most women, seems awkward!); finally, there is a new rechargeable one - for those ladies who love to use and use and use!

The other thing to notice when it comes to Duals is that many of them are almost exactly alike - except when it comes to the 'anima' of choice. The thrusting rabbit, thrusting dragonfly, wiggly rabbit - they are all almost the same but have some subtle difference when it comes to the "animal."

As far as clitoral stimulators go, these vary as well and really do once again require personal prefernce. SOme have the patented 'bunny ears' and others have a round, flat disc. The variations on this are wide and important to look at. The gentle flicking of a bunny ear is my personal fave, but others prefer a more direct, wide approach. What does your lover prefer?

Then, as mentioned, some of the duals have rotating or moving beads in the shaft. This gives good internal massage and sensation but not all women like that. These beads range from small and barely moving (standard Rabbit) to large, hard and forceful (Glittering Rotating G). The sensation is completely different, and what one woman likes, another will hate! Along with discussing shaft characteristics comes ribbed, ridged or otherwise textured versus plain. Some women love the smooth nature of a standard vibe, others love the ridges. This is again preference because ridges can be almost painful to some women. There are even a few vibes now with bendable shafts - which in my opinion are GREAT!

Equally as variant is head shape, size and function. Some of the heads rotate around (and some women LOVE this, some find it annoying); some heads are standard penis shaped, others are larger, smaller, rounder - all require personal preference.

Material is important because of allergies and sensation preference, as well as budget. Silicone toys are nice, they last a long, long time - but they are more expensive. Also, you have to always consider lubrications when talking silicone. Matching the right lube to toy is extremely important.

Power is also a great consideration. I LOVE power - many women just want a little wiggle. Some women want a toy with variance in pulsation style, still others are happy with just HIGH. Power is dependent on two things: the type of motor and the placement and number of the internal "vibrators." Some of the duals have 2 vibrators - at the head and the shaft (Double Impact vibe) and this is a whole, new sensation. Still others have a standard internal vibration that basically get just the clitoral stimulator going.

So, how DO you choose? Well, you either take all you know about your lover and just look at reviews to try and decide, or you guess!

For my money, here are some favorites that I have tried:

Glittering Rotating G-Spot - GG as I like to call her. Long shaft, powerful ball-bearing type pleasure pearls, rotating head and shaft, powerful disk shaped clitoral stimulator, I-Vibe technology, multiple variations on pulsations.

Double Impact - dual internal vibrations (head and shaft), tickler type clitoral stimulator, thicker shaft (yet shorter), Dial turn vibrations on the base, strong vibrations and minimal shaft movement, no pleasure beads

Standard Bunny - a classic for a reason, the patented bunny ears for clitoral stimulation, not too long, average girth, pleasure beads are gentle but sensations are high, I-Vibe technology, multiple vibrations from high to low and differing pulsations

The Bumpy Bunny gives a new sensation with the bumpy shaft (texture), the traditonal bunny ears clitoral stimulators, shorter shaft, not too wide, turn dial technology with a variation of vibrations (high to low)

Waterproof Jack Rabbit is like the standard, but goes underwater. Shorter and not as wide as the traditonal rabbit, less impressive pleasure beads, I_vibe technology, rotating head, decent vibrations

Royal Rabbit will give you a completely different feel. Made of silicone, textured ROUND head, shorter, not wide, rabbit ears for clitoral stimulation, cord to remote technology, differing functions and vibrations that range from high to low with some pulsation options

Then, we can go on a whole rampage about triple actions - toys that do anal, vaginal and clitoral. Ugghhh. Luckily there are only a few of these!

I hope you found this helpful! Good luck picking one out!

• Members

I will do my very best to answer this question for you, but one thing you have to keep in mind is PERSONAL PREFERNCE!

You are correct when you say that there are many "basic" characteristics that set this dual apart - waterproof, size, material, etc. - but the most important difference is really size. Basically, length and girth. Some women really like the FULL feeling - then they should get one with bigger girth. Others have shorter vaginal canals - they should get a shorter one. You do have to know what your lover prefers. However, if you have a basic idea of what your lover enjoys, or if your lover is up for anything, what YOU think she will enjoy.

Then, there is also to consider the remote control options. There are I-Vibes (controls on the base easy for her to operate or you), remote control that is wireless (fun from across the room); or even remote on a wire connected (not as popular as other choices for most women, seems awkward!); finally, there is a new rechargeable one - for those ladies who love to use and use and use!

The other thing to notice when it comes to Duals is that many of them are almost exactly alike - except when it comes to the 'anima' of choice. The thrusting rabbit, thrusting dragonfly, wiggly rabbit - they are all almost the same but have some subtle difference when it comes to the "animal."

As far as clitoral stimulators go, these vary as well and really do once again require personal prefernce. SOme have the patented 'bunny ears' and others have a round, flat disc. The variations on this are wide and important to look at. The gentle flicking of a bunny ear is my personal fave, but others prefer a more direct, wide approach. What does your lover prefer?

Then, as mentioned, some of the duals have rotating or moving beads in the shaft. This gives good internal massage and sensation but not all women like that. These beads range from small and barely moving (standard Rabbit) to large, hard and forceful (Glittering Rotating G). The sensation is completely different, and what one woman likes, another will hate! Along with discussing shaft characteristics comes ribbed, ridged or otherwise textured versus plain. Some women love the smooth nature of a standard vibe, others love the ridges. This is again preference because ridges can be almost painful to some women. There are even a few vibes now with bendable shafts - which in my opinion are GREAT!

Equally as variant is head shape, size and function. Some of the heads rotate around (and some women LOVE this, some find it annoying); some heads are standard penis shaped, others are larger, smaller, rounder - all require personal preference.

Material is important because of allergies and sensation preference, as well as budget. Silicone toys are nice, they last a long, long time - but they are more expensive. Also, you have to always consider lubrications when talking silicone. Matching the right lube to toy is extremely important.

Power is also a great consideration. I LOVE power - many women just want a little wiggle. Some women want a toy with variance in pulsation style, still others are happy with just HIGH. Power is dependent on two things: the type of motor and the placement and number of the internal "vibrators." Some of the duals have 2 vibrators - at the head and the shaft (Double Impact vibe) and this is a whole, new sensation. Still others have a standard internal vibration that basically get just the clitoral stimulator going.

So, how DO you choose? Well, you either take all you know about your lover and just look at reviews to try and decide, or you guess!

For my money, here are some favorites that I have tried:

Glittering Rotating G-Spot - GG as I like to call her. Long shaft, powerful ball-bearing type pleasure pearls, rotating head and shaft, powerful disk shaped clitoral stimulator, I-Vibe technology, multiple variations on pulsations.

Double Impact - dual internal vibrations (head and shaft), tickler type clitoral stimulator, thicker shaft (yet shorter), Dial turn vibrations on the base, strong vibrations and minimal shaft movement, no pleasure beads

Standard Bunny - a classic for a reason, the patented bunny ears for clitoral stimulation, not too long, average girth, pleasure beads are gentle but sensations are high, I-Vibe technology, multiple vibrations from high to low and differing pulsations

The Bumpy Bunny gives a new sensation with the bumpy shaft (texture), the traditonal bunny ears clitoral stimulators, shorter shaft, not too wide, turn dial technology with a variation of vibrations (high to low)

Waterproof Jack Rabbit is like the standard, but goes underwater. Shorter and not as wide as the traditonal rabbit, less impressive pleasure beads, I_vibe technology, rotating head, decent vibrations

Royal Rabbit will give you a completely different feel. Made of silicone, textured ROUND head, shorter, not wide, rabbit ears for clitoral stimulation, cord to remote technology, differing functions and vibrations that range from high to low with some pulsation options

Then, we can go on a whole rampage about triple actions - toys that do anal, vaginal and clitoral. Ugghhh. Luckily there are only a few of these!

I hope you found this helpful! Good luck picking one out!

That, my dear, is only something you can discover.....by having lots & lots & lots of fun/practice!