Official Community Forums Home

Lubrication

jesso

• Members

I was reading a couple articles on water-based vs. silicone lubrications and was just curious as to what the masses lean towards. Preferences? Do you like silicone lubes or water based? Or do you like using certain ones for certain occasions?

For anal play, we prefer silicone. However, for everything else, I love waterbased lubes, just because you don't have to worry about the toys breaking down in case you forget what they're made of. Plus, I get bladder infections REALLY easily, always have (family history BS), so, to me, water-based lubes are a bit less "risky" in my mind.

• Members
For anal play, we prefer silicone. However, for everything else, I love waterbased lubes, just because you don't have to worry about the toys breaking down in case you forget what they're made of. Plus, I get bladder infections REALLY easily, always have (family history BS), so, to me, water-based lubes are a bit less "risky" in my mind.

Why the silicone over water for anal if I might ask, what the benefit does the silicone have over the water????

Glenn

• Members

Overall, I prefer water-based - more "natural" - but for those hot tub adventures, MUST go silicone for obvious reasons!

• Members
but for those hot tub adventures, MUST go silicone for obvious reasons!

Most definitely silicone for the tub.

**As long as your are not using silicone toys.**

If you are using "Tub Toys" be sure that your lube is compatible.

You may want to keep an eye on the filter and check your chemical balance after usage of various lube in the hot tub, you tend to use more lube in water. ;)

Mr. SP

Silicone lubes are more slick, and, at least for us, tend to stay slicker longer (no evaporating). Hence, why the silicone lube is best for us with anal play with non-silicone toys.

I was reading a couple articles on water-based vs. silicone lubrications and was just curious as to what the masses lean towards. Preferences? Do you like silicone lubes or water based? Or do you like using certain ones for certain occasions?

I found a great site talking about this question!!

http://www.sinfulbodypleasures.com/servlet...-Lubricant/Page

Water based lubricants also come in a large variety of flavors and colors to make using a lubricant more appealing for couples. But please be aware that the sugar in the flavored lubricants will change the pH level of a woman's vagina making her more susceptible to yeast infections. Having that said, this does not mean that every woman that use's a flavored lubricant will get a yeast infection. To be safe we recommend flavored lubricants for anal play or body lubricant.

If you wish to use a flavored lubricant for vaginal play, We recommend using Wet Naturals sugar free flavored lubricant.

Silicone based lubricants are great for bath time fun. This type of lube can be used for self masturbation and anal play. Please be carefull with silicone based lubes as they can destroy silicone sex toys and can stain bed sheets, especially silk.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

We go for water based unless there is anal play involved.....now once we get a hot tub (oh boy!) we know silicone is the only way to go there. We keep a steady supply of both on hand.

Else where, I learned that (pure) coconut oil is a great lub. But what I haven't been able to find is reliable information on its compatability with toys. I know its not compatable with latex. But the only answer I've ever seen as it relates to toys is "I tried it on my jelly toys and didn't notice any problems".

Anyone else with coconut oil knowledge/experience?