Official Community Forums Home

Virgin Has A Question...

• Members

Hi! I'm new to this site so I do apologize if I'm posting in the wrong category. I'm a 21 yr old female who's never been sexually active. However, I do use a vibrator, although I never insert it. When I try to insert my vibe (which is only 6'' inches long, and 1 1/2"inches wide) it pinches terribly. I have been getting regular pap and pelvic exams since I was 17 years old, and the "pinch" from the speculum is similar to when I practice with my vibe.

My question is: is the pinch i'm feeling just my hymen stretching? It IS still intact after all of these pelvic exams ( I looked lol). I sure hope sex doesn't feel like that. It's really annoying and I'm considering just pushing through the pain, but I'm nervous to feel that pinch. Just a note, I don't care to wait for "someone special", hell, I'M special enough!! lol Any replies are appreciated..thank you!!! :D

• Members

I had this problem b4 i started having sex. 1 1/2 inches wide might be a bit much to start with, my favorite toy is only about an inch... I would say you should ask you gyno how much of your hymen still remains intact. If you are getting pevic exams or using tampons it isn't covering the vaginal opening anyways. the pinch you feel is most likely from the streching of the opening and not from disturbing the hymen. The hymen is merely tissue without pain receptors and shouldn't pinch, but feel more like a tug, i would describe. Any pain would be from stretching the opening, just relax your muscles...and go a little bit at a time. Hope this helps!

• Members

First, WELCOME!

Second, there can be many reasons for this sensation, but the most likely cause is that the vibe is stretching and catching the skin of your hymen between it and the wall of your vagina. I suggest you read my article on Virginity and Values in the "Post and Article" section of the forum. This will give you detailed information on what the hymen is, and this may give you a better understanding of what the sensation is you are describing.

Also, a secondary thought, are you using enough lubrication? Make sure you are providing a slick space for your toys and this may help a bit!