Official Community Forums Home

Generations

pappyld04

• Members

A Senior Moment

A self-important university student attending a recent football game took it upon himself to explain to a senior citizen sitting next to him why it was impossible for the older generation to understand his generation.

"You grew up in a different world, actually an almost primitive one," the student said, loud enough for many of those nearby to hear.

"The young people of today grew up with television, jet planes, space travel, man walking on the moon.

Our space probes have visited Mars. We have nuclear energy, ships and electric and hydrogen cars.

Computers with light-speed processing, and more."

After a brief silence the senior citizen responded as follows:

"You're right, son. We didn't have those things when we were young ... so we invented them.

Now, you arrogant little turd, what are you doing for the next generation?"

The applause was amazing.

• Members

I actually posted this because of the kids that I have started out in my occupation. I try to teach them and tell them about things that I have seen and done just so they come to expect the unexpected. Trust me it is an everyday occurence. But most think after 1 day that they are ready to run a crew. Personally I let them go and EVERY time they get hurt or ask those important questions that I would have formerly given just because, I stand back and laugh my ass off. I've been in my position for about 20 years and I can't even say I've seen it all. My former boss has been there over 50 years and he will say the same thing! None of us know it all, and that was my point here. I do love this story !!!

• Members

I love it! That was a great joke pappyld04! Especially llike it when he calls him a turd. HA, priceless!