Official Community Forums Home

Remote Control Egg

bazil323

• Members

I'm trying to find a really good remote control egg that is very quiet but powerful. It would be nice if it looked good too, but that is not as important as the rest. I want to be able to give hubby the remote so he can control it across the room in a restaurant, movie, party, whatever, and it won't be heard by everyone.

Has anyone tried the Dr. Laura Berman - Cleopatra or the Silk Touch Vibrating Egg?

• Members

I'm pretty open to any that you've found to work well and quietly. It just put up those two toys as the ones I've found and want to know if they're any good, and also as an example of the kind of thing I'm looking for.

Thanks!

• Members

We just recently bought Dr. Berman's Cleopatra for the same reason you listed! Hubby wanted to be able to have fun with me while we were out grocery shopping or doing other chores/errands, and so we thought we'd give this one a try.

While it's not one of my regularly-scheduled "to review" items, I do plan to write one as soon as we try it out (probably after this weekend) as we noticed there weren't that many reviews for this type of toy, so stay tuned! Hope you can wait that long! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I am also looking for information on the remote control eggs, or bullets. I noticed that there is a "Black Widow Remote Control Egg" also available. The two reviews listed aren't very favorable, but they are anonymous, and seem to only be related to the batteries.

So, Valntyn, have you had a chance to review Cleopatra, or has anyone else here used one of these eggs?

I am hoping to get one with the 20% off coupon sent in my email....

• Members

Sorry guys -- hubby and I have been sick & haven't been up for much playing. This is actually the first time I've been on TT in a few days (lots to catch up on!).

I DID just put it together, though, to give you SOME information, anyway. Thurisas (my husband) just looked at me and sniffled, "Whatcha doin'?" *laugh* Can't even breathe, but he's still excited that I pulled out a toy. *giggle*

ANYWAY... it comes with a whooooole bunch of batteries! Yay! The egg holds 6 watch sized batteries and the remote holds a 12v battery. There are enough batteries to wear out once, then change and start all over again. ;) The multi-vibes seemed very strong (my hand from holding it is still a little numb, hehe!).

As far as sound goes -- it's NOT a silent toy. At about 8 feet away, Thurisas could hear it when I had it on, held in my hand. I then held it under a few layers of afghan (thinking of it being worn when wearing clothes) and it muffled the buzz quite a bit. He said anyone at five feet or more wouldn't hear a thing. This experiment was done, by the way, at 5:30 in the morning, in the country, all critters asleep, the only ambient noise being the refrigerator's soft hum from the next room. :)

Besides, if anyone heard it, you could always just say your phone is on vibrate and you're a VERY popular woman! ;)

Hope this helps! And hopefully I'll be feeling better soon... for the sake of knowledge.. yah... knowledge. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks that's pretty helpful. Still looking as I can't afford, well, anything right now. But even if I did have money now, I probably couldn't afford the Cleopatra.