Official Community Forums Home

Our Tax Dollars Hard At......orbitting?

Tyger

Spy Satellite to hit earth

OK, so, I do understand that this is a dangerous thing, that didn't do it's job. HOwever, this also fries my ass. It never reached its full orbit, never did work right, and was "declared a loss in '07"??? Well thanks for wasted our tax dollars on a potential hazard falling from the sky, Mr. Government, please shoot a 10K pound item (and who knows how much $$) up there without making SURE that it worked 100%!!! I sure do appreciate it!

• Members

I second this!

It still irks me on what the Government spends money on... while we have homeless children, veterans, mothers, and families out on the streets going hungry. Not only that, but people who can't afford medical insurance and have children or loved ones with cancer or an illness that costs so much money, they can't make ends meet.

I once saw on "Little People, Big World." that insurance companies consider dwarfism a "pre-existing condition" and so they can't get insurance... I mean really, WTF.

GRRRRRRRRR.

• Members

IDK if I would agree completely with Howard on this. Univ. health care is possible but I think it may go the way of SS. Politicians see a surplus in some area like this and they think it is a good idea to "borrow" from this. And then there are the funded groups that overspend their budgets just so they can say they need more money. (DOT is one that I know of). LEO is another. DHS is one that has done this most recently here in our area. They moved out of the small building that they had been in for decades after getting a budget increase. They spent several million to build a brand new building instead of taking over the recently abandoned NG Armory which was offered to them for very little cost. Now maybe I'm just thick in the skull but when oyu cry about being short-handed and short of money I don't see where a new building is where you place most of your annual budget. Another clusterfuck that comes to mind is G Dub's elevator to the moon idea. There are too many morons controlling how this money is being pissed away with no accountability. And many more gooberment agencies that actually have little or no use. FEMA comes to mind here. They offer SBA loans and tie up personnel at the SS office. My last correspondence with SS was through a Chicago office which redirected my call to a Texas office. WTF happened t the office here in Enid? They were processing paperwork for FEMA. Our governor only applied for assistance for Oklahoma and Tulsa county. This assistance was denied for who knows what. The county I live in was the hardest hit but this idiot never applied for this county. But he made sure to waste more tax dollar to fly a chopper over this whole county to see the damage that the hurricane had caused. From what I heard he used the Red Cross chopper for this when they should have been delivering bottled water and such to those of us who had nothing. We really need to put a system in place to account for all this money that comes from our ass pockets!!!!

• Members

I think with all the benefits of holding a public office there is no need to offer more. In order to truly serve the people they should live like the people. I see what you say about shut up or do something. But do we really need to take time out of our lives to get these things done? I had not heard Mr. Proxmire by name before today, (my tidbit for the day, Thanks), but he is exactly what the people need in office. Actually he is the kind of person I would love to see in every occupation in the country. Someone who has enough ass in his shorts to point out the screw-ups and oust them. It may not be possible in all area or cases but that would be refreshing for our gooberment to be full of people like him. I'm sure that you have all heard of the judge that had the penis pump in court who from what I understood had filed a SS claim while doing time in the pen. He had requested transportation to get to the hearing. I've known a few people on SS that lost it the second they were thrown in jail and then had to fight for it again. Some needed it some were just screwing the system but why this would even be attempted by a public servant like this is out of line. Since people in this area claim to live by a higher standard someone should make sure that they are held to it when they do commit crimes. I was really surprised to see that he did any time at all. Just like Nifong. IMHO this man should have been given a needle for his actions. I know this would never happen because most of these people know that they commit more crimes in a day than any common man. But since they are said to be doing more good than bad they are not held to that same standard. (PLEASE EXCUSE MY TYRADE HERE). Anyone who is in a position to ruin someone's life should be willing to do the same to his co-workers first. BTW what the hell could be done with the judge judy'ism? Anyone who has seen a courtroom I would bet has had to put up with this joke. I think judy does it for the drama but there are even worse people in this position that subject people to ridicule and humiliation but get pissy when the people slings insults back at them. I have to laugh every time someone says justice is blind because that is a lie. I went a bit off-topic here but it is still taxpayer money being pissed away.

• Members

Ask why the people from Canada come here to receive much of their health care, because all their decent health care providers moved here. England annouced this week that they were cutting back health care for drinkers, smokers, and the overwieght. What is the next step risk takers, women who want a child after 30, or the accident victim who wasn't wearing his seatbelt.

The health care issue is a difficult problem to solve, but more goverment is NOT the answer.

• Members

Your Tax Dollars

When NASA first started sending up astronauts, they quickly discovered that ball-point pens would not work in zero gravity.

To combat this problem, NASA scientists spent a decade and $12 billion developing a pen that writes in zero gravity, upside down, underwater, on almost any surface including glass and at temperatures ranging from below freezing to over 300° C.

The Russians used a pencil.

Enjoy paying your taxes.