Official Community Forums Home

Absence Of The "o"

• Members

I read this from a study about female orgasm online. Based on what my girlfriend has told me, this fits her exactly!! I mean REALLY. Her mom and dad argued a lot while she was growing up, Catholic, mother would tell her she hated sex with her father, father was verbally abusive, mother would tell her masturbation was very bad and don't do it, and girlfriend was married for 20 years to a man who could give a crap about her sexual pleasure, and she only had sex to keep the peace. I'm not like that and she tells me that, but I think deep in her mind I may still be the enemy no matter how much she loves me. I'm finally really to the realization that her lack of orgasm and general sexual dsyfunction isn't my fault, and I shouldn't see myself as a failure anymore as I have. Its almost like she has a sickness and it saddens me deeply. Its very upsetting to me as I love her with all my soul. Is counseling with a sex therapist something she needs to do to as a last resort to help herself? What else? She understands that our relationship is on the rocks because of this.

Absence of Orgasm - Possible Causes

There may be many different reasons for a woman's lack of orgasm, but the most important reason is undoubtedly a negative attitude toward sexual pleasure. This may be due to general cultural influences, but may also be rooted in the individual's character and experience.